By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
Gnizmo said:

Holland - Brazil is almost certain. Holland seems to have been vastly under-rated in most of these discussions. They have done really well so far. Even came out the top spot in the "group of death." Mind you, I think that label is a bunch of crap in this tournament, but I heard a couple commentators reference it which counts for something small at the least. More impressive is the fact that they are one of two teams to win all their group matches, and only allow 1 goal. The other team, Argentina, is getting talked up quite a bit

Actually, most descriptions I've seen around for the "group of death" was for group H, where Brazil, Ivory Coast and Portugal were. In sheer quality, those three teams together surpass Holland, Japan, Denmark and Cameroon. 

Group of Death was obviously group D...

Germany, Serbia, Ghana and Australia? In that spectrum, every group was the group of death then

Easy win for Holland on this game. A Brazil - Holland game on the quarter finals would prove to be amazing, but Brazil still has to overcome Chile.

say whatever you want but both teams from group D are in quarter finals...we cant say the same about group A, B and C, and most likely E and G...

So if group G teams get to the quarter finals and further, you'll change your interpretation of group of death? Somehow, I don't think you will

group G? Portugal and Brazil? Do you think Portugal has a a chance of beating Spain? I really think Group D will be the only one with the 2 teams in quarter finals... Japan can prove me wrong btw

Around the Network

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arfUBkPOK3w

pizzahut451 said:

group G? Portugal and Brazil? Do you think Portugal has a a chance of beating Spain? I really think Group D will be the only one with the 2 teams in quarter finals... Japan can prove me wrong btw

Why wouldn't Portugal have a chance of beating Spain? We have a pretty good defense, the game can go both ways. Just because Spain are seen as favourites by many, that doesn't mean it will be easy for them either.

Do note that Portugal hasn't lost a single game for at least a year.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
pizzahut451 said:

Why wouldn't Portugal have a chance of beating Spain? We have a pretty good defense, the game can go both ways. Just because Spain are seen as favourites by many, that doesn't mean it will be easy for them either.

i didnt say portugal doesnt have a chance of beating spain...

pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
Gnizmo said:

Holland - Brazil is almost certain. Holland seems to have been vastly under-rated in most of these discussions. They have done really well so far. Even came out the top spot in the "group of death." Mind you, I think that label is a bunch of crap in this tournament, but I heard a couple commentators reference it which counts for something small at the least. More impressive is the fact that they are one of two teams to win all their group matches, and only allow 1 goal. The other team, Argentina, is getting talked up quite a bit

Actually, most descriptions I've seen around for the "group of death" was for group H, where Brazil, Ivory Coast and Portugal were. In sheer quality, those three teams together surpass Holland, Japan, Denmark and Cameroon. 

Germany, Serbia, Ghana and Australia? In that spectrum, every group was the group of death then

Easy win for Holland on this game. A Brazil - Holland game on the quarter finals would prove to be amazing, but Brazil still has to overcome Chile.

say whatever you want but both teams from group D are in quarter finals...we cant say the same about group A, B and C, and most likely E and G...

So if group G teams get to the quarter finals and further, you'll change your interpretation of group of death? Somehow, I don't think you will

Portugal has many a chance of beating Spain as Spain has of beating Portugal. If you look at my previous posts, I said that i'm not confident of a Portugal victory thoug, but that doesn't take out the worth and skill of the Portuguese side.

And you didn't answer my query. If Group G gets both it's teams in the quarter-finals or further, would you then consider group G the group of death?

Somehow, I don't think you will, because Group D had Serbia. And that's the only reason you consider it to be the group of death, not because group D has two teams on the quarter-finals

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
Gnizmo said:

Portugal has many a chance of beating Spain as Spain has of beating Portugal. If you look at my previous posts, I said that i'm not confident of a Portugal victory thoug, but that doesn't take out the worth and skill of the Portuguese side.

And you didn't answer my query. If Group G gets both it's teams in the quarter-finals or further, would you then consider group G the group of death?

Somehow, I don't think you will, because Group D had Serbia. And that's the only reason you consider it to be the group of death, not because group D has two teams on the quarter-finals

no, its not because of that, it really isn't. I dont think Serbia would pass in any other group anyway, (well maybe group H) its because our group is the only one with both teams in quarter finals for now, and dont forget that Spain is a favorite on winning a world cup.

and if im wrong i'll come here and say it..

pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
pizzahut451 said:
lestatdark said:
Gnizmo said:

no, its not because of that, it really isn't. I dont think Serbia would pass in any other group anyway, (well maybe group H) its because our group is the only one with both teams in quarter finals for now, and dont forget that Spain is a favorite on winning a world cup.

and if im wrong i'll come here and say it..

Ok then

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

pizzahut451 said:
NJ5 said:
pizzahut451 said:

You didn't outright say it, but you certainly implied it by practically dismissing the possibility that any other group would have two teams passing this round...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
pizzahut451 said:
NJ5 said:
pizzahut451 said:

You didn't outright say it, but you certainly implied it by practically dismissing the possibility that any other group would have two teams passing this round...

all portugal has to do tonight is defending well, spain at its best has problems scoring against defending teams.

Portugal versus Spain could be decided by the penalty shoot out. I love the drama of the penalty shoot out. 

I predict 2 or 3 of the remaining 9 WC games will be decided by the penalty shootout. 

Argentina versus Germany. Brazil versus Holland .  It would be great to see one of those games decided by penalty shoot out. 

It would be great to see one of the Semi-Finals or the Final itself decided by the penalty shoot out. It adds to the drama of the match.  Penalty shoot out is the fairest system of deciding a dead lock match, tied after 90 minutes of FT and 30 mins. ET.