By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Netyaroze said:

Yes thats right that are the most probable (imo) opponents if Germany would make it to the final:

Argentina Spain and Brasil

wow, ouch that's harsh X_X

but I don't think we will beat Argentina, they are just so much better at defending and good defense lines are what wins tournaments

maybe the Albiceleste will even hammer us like we did with England, heh

oh well, we reached the quarterfinals with this young team, that's "mission accomplished" in my mind (hopefully not for the players though ;) )

Around the Network

Nope, Holland's group was no group of death. Although they did have overall the strongest teams in any group, as in there was no really weak opponent if i recall.

The difference is that normally people admire the gameplay of the Dutch and they always lose somewhere in the tournament. This time around they play very sober, result is what counts. Their matches were not really interesting so far. It's waiting for the return of Arjen Robben, who seems to bring a complete turn around in style for the Dutch team.Maybe we'll see him again today, and if we are lucky he'll be fully recovered for the next match.(if we beat Slovakia)

I really really would like to take revenge on the Brasilians for kicking us out in '98 which was completely undeserved but hey, that's always the case with Holland. Playing 'great to watch' football but never effective.

I think today will be another sober match, Slovakia will probably defend mostly and Holland will very slowly try to break that defense. Physically they will be a challenge, it's a good team, they beat Italy, but overall this shouldn't be a problem.  (crosses fingers)

England were totally outplayed by a young team that actually came to play.

I knew we has serious problems but didn't want to admit it.

I'm actually glad we were hammered so the media wouldn't keep going on about that goal.

Anyway, there was a nice feast of South American football afterwards.

Yea, I'm quite convinced Holland has a good chance to go through to the final this year if they keep their sober play style and add in Robben for quick and devastating attacks.

I'll be rooting for our neighbors once we (germany) are eliminated, their derserved WC victory is long overdue.

@ weaveworld, Robben came on for the last 10 mins and looked amazing, created about 4 chances

And I am still not happy about yesterday, I was in in physical pain when that goal was not given

Around the Network
dobby985 said:

England were totally outplayed by a young team that actually came to play.

I knew we has serious problems but didn't want to admit it.

I'm actually glad we were hammered so the media wouldn't keep going on about that goal..

The romantic idea of what could of been will live on until England get to play at the World Cup in 4 years time. More than half of the team will be different. In with the old and out with new players.

England denied a clear goal in 2010 is karmic justice for that goal which won them the World Cup Final in 1966.

From a German stand point this would be seen as poetic justice and the perfect revenge for the 1966 World  Cup Final defeat to England from a controversial goal scored by England to clinch the World Cup.

The ball only just cleared the goal line in 1966 by two inches awarded a goal. In 2010 the ball cleared the goal line by two yards and not awarded a goal. 

Germany crushed England, i actually expected this outcome why? because while on paper England seem to have a great side, their still a group of individuals lumped toghether who never seeem to carry the form from their clubs to the national side. 

People like Lampard or Rooney do so well on the club level becuase the teams they play in are based on class foreign players, Lampard is able to score so many goals because Essien, Mikel and Ballack to all the running for him in Chelsea. For England they not in such priviledged position. Defending was also terrible, Upson and Terry were to blame for at least 3 goals. Hopefully few of those "stars" will retire from international football

Germany like always impressed with organisation but they were extremely good at going forward and players like Muller and Ozil look great for the future.

Fabio is also to blame; taking such players like Heskey to the world cup was a mistake , as was pickin Upson in favour of Carragher or putting gerrard on the Left with in favour of barry in the middle.

Lolcislaw said:

Germany crushed England, i actually expected this outcome why? because while on paper England seem to have a great side, their still a group of individuals lumped toghether who never seeem to carry the form from their clubs to the national side. 

People like Lampard or Rooney do so well on the club level becuase the teams they play in are based on class foreign players, Lampard is able to score so many goals because Essien, Mikel and Ballack to all the running for him in Chelsea. For England they not in such priviledged position. Defending was also terrible, Upson and Terry were to blame for at least 3 goals. Hopefully few of those "stars" will retire from international football

Germany like always impressed with organisation but they were extremely good at going forward and players like Muller and Ozil look great for the future.

Fabio is also to blame; taking such players like Heskey to the world cup was a mistake , as was pickin Upson in favour of Carragher or putting gerrard on the Left with in favour of barry in the middle.

brock lesnar is going to get beat buy shane carwin. oh wait what's this thread about again. lol

come on Slovakia, up the upset!

oldschoolfool said:
Lolcislaw said:

brock lesnar is going to get beat buy shane carwin. oh wait what's this thread about again. lol

Brock is going to win via F5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGblC119u10

On topic:

I hope Slovakia do well, they beat Poland in qualifiers so i wish them well but i think Robben and his entourage will prove to strong.... shit Holland scored while i was typing this