By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
burning_phoneix said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
Real Salt Lake and LA Galaxy will now compete for the 2009 MLS Cup, but i'm sure no one cares lmao.

Shame my hometown team Toronto FC couldn't make it though.

I was rooting for Toronto FC as well. :(

Displinary record.

That is the "next" in line when all the categories match up. 

The team that was carded less makes it to the world cup.

Well then, now we know that playoffs are the better choice. :)

Playoffs are a better choice.

However changing the rules during a tournament is wrong no matter how stupid the condition is.

It could of been "Everyone stands on their heads and the guy who stays on their head the longest wins the world cup for their team."

And it'd be the better choice THIS YEAR.

This year Displinary record is better.

For every year after that it's tournament.  Changing rules mid tournament is unfair.

Just how Fifa just arbitrarly keeps changing how the Europeon qualfiers happen with this "seeding half and half" nonsesne.

Make these rulings... you know.  Before the world cup qualifiers start.  Not right before said rules come in effect.

Otherwise you get questioned of bias... and rightly so.

Around the Network
CaptainPrefrences said:
The Ireland team was very overrated... Look at it, they only beat cyprus and Georgia but drew agaisnt the rest, including a second string italy side.

What was second string about it?

They aren't overrated, everyone knows we're shite and that's how it turned out. But we try really really hard!

Everyone was betting on the Irish to come first place in their group, and they thought they were a good team just because they drew with Italy twice. They barley got results agaisnt georgia and cyprus.

I don't think anyone really thought Ireland were favourites to win the group, at least nobody in Ireland was. The target was always the playoffs. An away draw with Italy is a great result for nearly every team in the world, bar a very select few

Toronto FC fans, the very best in the MLS. We've only been a team for 3 years, but we have the loudest fans in the league. Unlike the other American "fans" who go to their local team games for the sake of going out.

Around the Network

I'd disagree with you. I think Seattle gives Toronto a run for their money when it comes to best fans... i'd give them the edge now.

Pretty sure their attendence is tops and they're #1 in merchandise sold.

Chile has the best fans in south america, hell, we never win anything but our stadiums are always filled when the selection plays, even in Korea-Japan 2002 and Germany 2006 when we were eliminated in the qualifiers and had no chance people kept attending to the stadiums.
We are the country that has more attendance to stadiums to watch the national team in SA even if the tickets are the highest priced in the region too.

When we visit other countries we always have a few thousand fans whereever we play. We even had more people than denmark in the stadium watching a friendly match than denmark. Same thing with tennis, you always see chilean support for Fernando Gonzalez wherever he plays.

Seattle will only get louder with Portland and Vancouver expansion teams coming. That is a good rivalry there.

Seattle has the loudest football fans in the USA.

We won 2-1 against Eslovaquia(sp?), but the ball possesion was like 66-34 in our favor, even missing very important players, does anyone know how did eslovaquia do in their goup?

pastro243 said:
We won 2-1 against Eslovaquia(sp?), but the ball possesion was like 66-34 in our favor, even missing very important players, does anyone know how did eslovaquia do in their goup?

It's spelled right but nobody will probably know who you mean unless you use the English name.

Slovakia actually finished first in their group.  It wasn't a very strong group though....