By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Maynard_Tool said:
OMG so happy XD Just Milan didn't win this week, but it's ok.

Mexico's 8th week:

Jaguares 0-1 Puebla
Monterrey 3-0 Atlante
Indios 0-1 Toluca
San Luis 4-0 Chivas (lol)
Atlas 0-1 Cruz Azul
Pumas 1-2 Pachuca
Morelia 2-1 Tigres
Santos 2-0 Queretaro
America 5-0 Estudiantes (Fuck Yeah)

Badass for America

Seems like a good week for me.

Around the Network
CaptainPrefrences said:
pastro243 said:
brawl4life said:
...what a misleading title ...

Care to explain why?

Lol imagine how many Americans have came to this thread and thought it was NFL. I think thats what he means.

If that's true then any thread for NFL that had this title would be misleading.

tombi123 said:
Just saw the Defoe goal. Pretty amazing, that guy is on fire. Congrats to Man U for coming back. Scholes should just never tackle again

Next week is the Manchester Derby. Its kind of win-win for me. If Man City win, then Chelsea's rivals loose points, but at the same time I want to see Man U rip Man City apart.

@zuvuyeay

Chelsea will tear Spurs apart

well i hope not tombi......but then we don't exactly do well against you and UTD....although 1-1 at the bridge last year.....i'm hoping we end your winning run, someone has to........a draw will do for me.....

we still would of had a good start even if we lose to you on sunday......better than last time......aslong as we beat the others(outside sky 4) we can have a good season.......

in all honestly chavski have the best 1st 11 out of anyone in my opinion.....with a great midfield.....lampard,essien,ballack,deco and mikel...wow give anyone trouble......good luck...see you next sunday 16:00......

Above & Beyond

revised predictions based soley on first 5 games (note, this is not what I think will happen, just what i would say the first 5 games show)

1. Chelsea
2. Manchester United
3. Manchester City
4. Liverpool
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal

based on what ive seen so far, if we assume that not much changes, that would be the top 6 imo

though, what I really think is below:

1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Manchester City
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal

SciFiBoy said:
revised predictions based soley on first 5 games (note, this is not what I think will happen, just what i would say the first 5 games show)

1. Chelsea
2. Manchester United
3. Manchester City
4. Liverpool
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal

based on what ive seen so far, if we assume that not much changes, that would be the top 6 imo

1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Manchester City
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal

well it's hard to see outside the chavs and UTD for the title.........i think villa,spurs,city and everton will be battling with the usual sky 4......

obviously City are looking pretty good right now and i think they will serioulsy push arsenal and liverpool this season.......the only difference i see this season is that UTD,CHAVS,POOL and ARSE are not equipped to fight on all fronts like usual,the league is much stronger this year and someone might get caught out....probably by city if they are not careful.....heres hoping anyway.....

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

^ Lol, if you're going to use names for the other teams then you have to as well for Manchester Red Sox LTD.

zuvuyeay said:
SciFiBoy said:

1. Chelsea
2. Manchester United
3. Manchester City
4. Liverpool
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal

1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Manchester City
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal

well it's hard to see outside the chavs and UTD for the title.........i think villa,spurs,city and everton will be battling with the usual sky 4......

obviously City are looking pretty good right now and i think they will serioulsy push arsenal and liverpool this season.......the only difference i see this season is that UTD,CHAVS,POOL and ARSE are not equipped to fight on all fronts like usual,the league is much stronger this year and someone might get caught out....probably by city if they are not careful.....heres hoping anyway.....

I agree, though, I think Liverpool have the players to atleast hold on to a top 3 place, Arsenal imo are the most vunerable, they lack experience and squad depth, Wenger is to determined to stick with his tactics also, if he took the bullet and admitted they need experience (especially in midfield) and bought the appropriate players in, then they might be a threat again, till then, I cant see them posing a serious threat to the title.

Man City have on paper a very good squad, there big test will come mid-late season, when those fringe players will be needed to perform for them.
Tottenham also have a good squad, with Harry Redknapp in charge, they have a very good chance of a top 6 finish (Infact, id be amazed if they fall short of that)

Chelsea's big test will again be the second half of the season, if Ancelloti concentrates on the UCL and rests players in the league...well, that could hurt there chances

United imo have an excellent squad and the best manager, yes, we lost Ronaldo and Tevez, but so far it looks as though Rooney will replace the goal threat they posed and the midfield (in particular Anderson and Fletcher so far) are creating chances too, our big test will come at the end of the season too, Sir Alex may focus on the UCL, as he wants to win a 3rd 

^ Liverpool and Arsenal are in serious danger of losing their CL spots. Last year the only team that looked like coming close to 4th place other than Arsenal was Villa, but we all knew that they would fall short eventually. This year, City and Tottenham look like the real deal. City has a quality starting lineup which IMO is better than Arsenals, and they have depth in Kompany, De Jong, Santa Cruz Petrov Onuoha etc.

Spurs have a quality lineup with expirienced players, in Keane, Cudicini, King, Lennon and Defoe. They work hard under Redknapp and he is also a very good manager.

If Torres gets injured, thats it for Liverpool.Last year they struggled without him badly and Voronin sucks ass so does Babel. Liverpool have no depth, and they bought soem injured Italian. How many italians do good in the PL? I can only remeber Di Canio.

Don't forget that City and Spurs don't have UEFA Cup (how many games do they play in that? jeese) and I feel that they can make a good run in the League Cup. They will have a fresh squad every week from Febuary while Arsenal and the scouse will most likely still be in the CL. Don't forget that They can also buy more players in January as they won't be cup tied for Europe. Oh man something will change in the top four this year.

okay kids, todays news:

from next season, Premiership teams must name 25 man squads on transfer deadline day, with atleast 8 being "home grown", for more - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8255784.stm

UEFA has overturned a 2 match ban on Arsenal striker Eduardo for diving - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8236689.stm

Man City striker, Emanuel Adebayor has been hit with 2 FA charges of improper conduct - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8252803.stm

UEFA/FA approve/announce new spending plans/checks - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8256279.stm

1-0 Scholes!