By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Some Ridiculous Prices for Great Classic Games on Amazon

I was just doing some browsing and came across

Xenogears for $200

Tales of Symphona for $108

FE:PoR for $110

Skies of Arcadia: Legends for $99

Tales of Abyss for $94

Fire Emblem (GBA) for $91

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for $67 (I got this for $15 at Electronic Boutique)

Golden Sun for $170

Golden Sun: The Lost Age for $110

Final Fantasy: Tactics Advanced for $85

Baiten Kaitos for $69 (this seems cheap comparitively)

These are all prices from the actual Amazon retailer. Would anybody seriously pay that much? Especially since some of them you can get much cheaper through different methods. I apparently saved myself $280 by downloading the Golden Sun roms onto my cpu.

Around the Network

So you illegal downloaded Golden Sun?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Aion said:
So you illegal downloaded Golden Sun?

indeed I did

Xenogears for 200 bucks? hahaha...

Xen said:

I actually had an original black label version that I got when it first came out, but I sold it in 2002 for $70 to EB because I didn't think i would play it again. But then I did want to play it again so I bought a Greatest Hits version in 2005 for $35 off Ebay, which included shipping.

Around the Network

Those are the new prices though. If you flip to the "Used" tab on Amazon, you can get Golden Sun for $10 instead of $100+.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
Those are the new prices though. If you flip to the "Used" tab on Amazon, you can get Golden Sun for $10 instead of $100+.

Yeah I saw that, but I'm just wondering what Amazon is thinking. For that price, I would expect the game to be delivered in a golden briefcase being carried by the game's director.

Stats87 said:
Xen said:

I actually had an original black label version that I got when it first came out, but I sold it in 2002 for $70 to EB because I didn't think i would play it again. But then I did want to play it again so I bought a Greatest Hits version in 2005 for $35 off Ebay, which included shipping.

35? that's a sweet deal IMO.

dont think AMAZON sells those games anymore, just people who realize that these games are really rare nowadays.

Xen said:
Stats87 said:
Xen said:

35? that's a sweet deal IMO.

Yeah, I was super shocked. I was expecting to pay $60+. It was $29.99 plus $4.99 for shipping