By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - To all Football fans, what do you think of Manchester City and their money?

Even though I am a United fan, it is interesting to see where this project could go. I honestly don't think money can win you the premier league but don't be surprised if they break into the top four or bite everton or spurs for 5th place.

Also I think Tevez is a damn traitor. I know Utd wern't treating him well, but he only went to City for the money thats it. He claimed his family is all settled in Manchester and he wants to win trophies but how is that when he can't even speak friking english after playing i nEngland for almost 4 years? Settled in Manchester my ass. He wasn't even a good player to be honest. A player that scores 15 goals and best skill is his stamina isnt worth 25 million pounds. Look at all teh strikers city have anyway, Santa Cruz, Benjani, Evans, Boijnov, Robinho, Bellamy and Adebayor probably.

Around the Network
CaptainPrefrences said:

Even though I am a United fan, it is interesting to see where this project could go. I honestly don't think money can win you the premier league but don't be surprised if they break into the top four or bite everton or spurs for 5th place.

Also I think Tevez is a damn traitor. I know Utd wern't treating him well, but he only went to City for the money thats it. He claimed his family is all settled in Manchester and he wants to win trophies but how is that when he can't even speak friking english after playing i nEngland for almost 4 years? Settled in Manchester my ass. He wasn't even a good player to be honest. A player that scores 15 goals and best skill is his stamina isnt worth 25 million pounds. Look at all teh strikers city have anyway, Santa Cruz, Benjani, Evans, Boijnov, Robinho, Bellamy and Adebayor probably.

Tevez is an overatted money grabber, scored only 5 goals all season in the league, so badly treated that he played 29 of 38 games, more than Ryan Giggs who won the Player of the Season award. he also lied about wanting to stay, he was offered a contract by United atleast once, and said no.

he wont get first team football at City either, as you said, they have stupid amount of strikers. City probably will be top 8, but wont break into the top 4, there defence and midfield are too weak and have too little depth imo.

as a United fan i think weve done better bussiness than them this summer, Valencia is a top young winger with pace to replace Ronaldo, Owen is a free gamble who imo will score the goals to make up for Ronaldo's departure, and Obertan is a good prospect for the future.

SciFiBoy said:
CaptainPrefrences said:

Tevez is an overatted money grabber, scored only 5 goals all season in the league, so badly treated that he played 29 of 38 games, more than Ryan Giggs who won the Player of the Season award. he also lied about wanting to stay, he was offered a contract by United atleast once, and said no.

he wont get first team football at City either, as you said, they have stupid amount of strikers. City probably will be top 8, but wont break into the top 4, there defence and midfield are too weak and have too little depth imo.

as a United fan i think weve done better bussiness than them this summer, Valencia is a top young winger with pace to replace Ronaldo, Owen is a free gamble who imo will score the goals to make up for Ronaldo's departure, and Obertan is a good prospect for the future.

Tevez is a far better player than Berbatov and he has a lot more to his game than just scoring goals. Also im sure that he will get in the Manchester city team. Him and Adebayor are a scary prospect.

To the OP. I think they will get a 5th place finish. I dont think they will be able to have consitant performances throughout the season.

1st either Chelsea/Liverpool/Manchester UTD

4th Arsenal or Manchester City

6th Tottenham/Aston Villa

7th Everton

Thats my take on it anyway, the quality of the top 3 far surpaces that of the rest of the pack. If Adebayor goes i say Arsenal will fall from the best teams.

Manchester UTD despite losing Ronaldo will still be very strong as ever. Same goes for Liv and Chel

Manchester city has Vincent Kompany, he's all the defence they need.

---------------GK

---------------Kompany

--Striker - Striker -striker -striker -striker -striker -striker

----------Striker - Striker

OT: Buying top players doesn't make a team, man city will fail in England. Barcelona will remain better than real.

FootballFan said:
SciFiBoy said:

Tevez is a far better player than Berbatov and he has a lot more to his game than just scoring goals. Also im sure that he will get in the Manchester city team. Him and Adebayor are a scary prospect.

To the OP. I think they will get a 5th place finish. I dont think they will be able to have consitant performances throughout the season.

1st either Chelsea/Liverpool/Manchester UTD

4th Arsenal or Manchester City

6th Tottenham/Aston Villa

7th Everton

Thats my take on it anyway, the quality of the top 3 far surpaces that of the rest of the pack. If Adebayor goes i say Arsenal will fall from the best teams.

Manchester UTD despite losing Ronaldo will still be very strong as ever. Same goes for Liv and Chel

enough of the brain dead Berbatov bashing already, he scored 14 goals in all competitions last year, and set up almost as many, imo Berbatov had a better season than Tevez, Adebayor is too inconsistent aswel.

Around the Network
draik said:

---------------GK

---------------Kompany

OT: Buying top players doesn't make a team, man city will fail in England. Barcelona will remain better than real.

Kompany is overrated imo, didnt look that good at all last season, and yes, your correct, both City and Madrid have bought good individual players, but it will take time for them to learn to play as a team, if they do so at all.

SciFiBoy said:

You don't know what you're talking about. Tevez is one of the best if not the best players we Boca Juniors ever produced. It's not our fault if you prefer an overrated player like Berbatov instead of Tevez. He made us won countless trophies (check in youtube the Libertadores 2003), he made Corinthians win the Brasileirao, he joined a relegated team like West Ham and he basically saved it himself. He was the best player of the 2004 Olympics. And he helped Man U inmensely. He's much better than Berbatov

Anyway, now he goes to Man City, which probably has the best attack in the EPL with Robinho and Tevez. I wanna see that, hehe

I think your in a minority. Most Man UTD fans although they may not now admit it, would have prefered to keep Tevez over Berbatov. Brain dead Berbatov bashing aswell? Hes not a quality player, hes not Manchester UTD standard. Top clubs fans like players who seem commited chance down every lose ball/cause. Yakubu proabably does more miles than Berbatov...

SciFiBoy said:
draik said:

---------------GK

---------------Kompany

Kompany is overrated imo, didnt look that good at all last season, and yes, your correct, both City and Madrid have bought good individual players, but it will take time for them to learn to play as a team, if they do so at all.

To be fair, Kompany is a CB but played as DM the entire season with injections in his toes. He's only now getting the operation to fix his injury.

Plus it was his first year in, what is arguably,  the best league in the world. He did a better job than most new players.

They will ruin the league by outpricing all the other teams.

I hope they suffer the fate of Chelsea and players begin to kiss the paycheque over the badge so they become easily complacent. They brought Garreth Barry from Aston Villa, not happy, I have personal issues with them lol.