By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - To all Football fans, what do you think of Manchester City and their money?

SciFiBoy said:
zexen_lowe said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
You guys are a funny bunch. If you Berbatov haters watched him play every game last year you will change your mind. He had what 15 goals? How many did tevez have during his first year at utd, about 20 right? Big differance. Berbatov set up all those rooney and ronaldo goals as well. An Owen, Berbatov Partnership off the bnech would be perfect.

Yes, but Tevez is not a striker while Berbatov is. Tevez is more a foward that can move to the wings, and to create a lot of chances with his speed (he's not the fastest player, but he's not slow), endurance (he's very strong) and ability. He's one you would put alongside a striker (someone like Van Nistelrooy, Tevez can win balls and cross/assist him, and also score a lot of goals when Ruud takes the marking off). Berbatov kinda like Ruud, he's there to score goals, he's less talented, but he's taller, has a better heading, and so on. It's logical he scores more goals, he's there for that.

i get your argument, but United already have someone who plays that sort of game, and much better and more consistently, his name is Wayne Rooney.

Of course. I'm just debunking his argument that Tevez is worse than Berbatov because he scores less goals. Giggs scores less goals than Berbatov too, does that make him worse? It's simply not his primary role

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
SciFiBoy said:
zexen_lowe said:
CaptainPrefrences said:
You guys are a funny bunch. If you Berbatov haters watched him play every game last year you will change your mind. He had what 15 goals? How many did tevez have during his first year at utd, about 20 right? Big differance. Berbatov set up all those rooney and ronaldo goals as well. An Owen, Berbatov Partnership off the bnech would be perfect.

Yes, but Tevez is not a striker while Berbatov is. Tevez is more a foward that can move to the wings, and to create a lot of chances with his speed (he's not the fastest player, but he's not slow), endurance (he's very strong) and ability. He's one you would put alongside a striker (someone like Van Nistelrooy, Tevez can win balls and cross/assist him, and also score a lot of goals when Ruud takes the marking off). Berbatov kinda like Ruud, he's there to score goals, he's less talented, but he's taller, has a better heading, and so on. It's logical he scores more goals, he's there for that.

i get your argument, but United already have someone who plays that sort of game, and much better and more consistently, his name is Wayne Rooney.

Of course. I'm just debunking his argument that Tevez is worse than Berbatov because he scores less goals. Giggs scores less goals than Berbatov too, does that make him worse? It's simply not his primary role

yeah, i know that, my point is this, last season, Tevez's overall contribution for us was less than Berbatov's (atleast from what i saw), if Tevez had done what he did the season before last and so on, then i would be alot happier with him.

another thing to remember here is, Tevez did get a chance to play alot of games for us last season and he was offered the chance to stay here, which he had previously said he wanted to do, but when he was given that chance, he said No, and then joined one of our rivals, for a player who just a month earlier said that he loved the United fans, it seems pretty unproffesional to me.

CaptainPrefrences said:
Ah yes Fulham. They had a very poor away record last year and if they do the same this year, they will be in big trouble.

Football Fan. You cant just think city will make the top four with money. Their manager is a great manager but unfortunatley he cannot handle so many egos on one teamI E robinho and bellamy. also he needs to sign some midfieldersand defenders if they have a chance.

You are also forgetting that spurs and everton have players that have gelled together for 3 or 4 years. they also have redknapp and moyes as managers. hmmmm

Bellemy wont even start upfront. I mean take your pick out of those players and they could even challenge Liverpool ManUTD Chelsea   etc.  There defence will be better next season, they should be one of the best defensive units in the Prem. They have cover and i think they have a better squad than Arsenal.

In my opinion they have a good squad with a mix of accomplished players and youthful players. Ive bolded and underlined my choices. And even still theres players that are WORLD CLASS.

Given, Hart, Schmichael

Richards, Dunne, Bridge, Onuoha, Ben-Haim

Wright-Phillips, Barry, Elano, Ireland, Robinho, Kompany

Adebayor, Tevez, Santa Cruz, Bellemy, Benjani

SciFiBoy said:
zexen_lowe said:
SciFiBoy said:
zexen_lowe said:
CaptainPrefrences said:

yeah, i know that, my point is this, last season, Tevez's overall contribution for us was less than Berbatov's (atleast from what i saw), if Tevez had done what he did the season before last and so on, then i would be alot happier with him.

another thing to remember here is, Tevez did get a chance to play alot of games for us last season and he was offered the chance to stay here, which he had previously said he wanted to do, but when he was given that chance, he said No, and then joined one of our rivals, for a player who just a month earlier said that he loved the United fans, it seems pretty unproffesional to me.

He's a foreign, and he comes from a country where fans are 200 times more passionate than in England. It's no surprise that Man U for him means nothing. He's a Boca and Argentina fan and nothing else, I'm sure he'd never play for River, but in England he doesn't give a damn where he plays. Do you think he feels a Man U-Liverpool derby like he feels a Boca-River one? In fact, he came to Man U for money. If he didn't, he'd still be playing for us. I'm not blaming him, Corinthians, West Ham, Man U, Man City, they all can pay much more than we can, it's natural that he wants to win money, he was born in a very poor family and wants to improve his status.

Overall, you're blaming a player that said a compromise phrase, and that never was supposed to be a fan of your club. It's not like he was born and raised in Manchester. To him the United-City rivalry means nothing. It's like I told you, I love Everton, but I like Liverpool too, because I didn't grow there with the rivalry between the two teams, so I don't feel wrong when I'm happy that Liverpool wins, even though I'm an Everton fan

FootballFan said:

Bellemy wont even start upfront. I mean take your pick out of those players and they could even challenge Liverpool ManUTD Chelsea   etc.  There defence will be better next season, they should be one of the best defensive units in the Prem. They have cover and i think they have a better squad than Arsenal.

In my opinion they have a good squad with a mix of accomplished players and youthful players. Ive bolded and underlined my choices. And even still theres players that are WORLD CLASS.

Given, Hart, Schmichael

Richards, Dunne, Bridge, Onuoha, Ben-Haim

Wright-Phillips, Barry, Elano, Ireland, Robinho, Kompany

Adebayor, Tevez, Santa Cruz, Bellemy, Benjani

see's the words "World Class" see's the names Hart, Schmiechel, Dunne, Richards, Bridge, Onuoha, Ben-Haim, Ireland, Wright Phillips, Benjani and Bellamy, see's stars due to confusion?!?

most of thoose players are either only potential stars or are just average players, only players you listed, who could be considered World Class are: Given, Robinho, Barry, Tevez, Elan, Kompany, Adebayor and Santa Cruz, even then, some of thoose are debatable and/or had bad seasons last time out.

Around the Network

SciFiBoy

Compare that squad to Arsenal Everton Villa and Tottenham and you will see why i think that they could finish above them.

EDIT: I ment CaptainPrefrences

zexen_lowe said:

He's a foreign, and he comes from a country where fans are 200 times more passionate than in England. It's no surprise that Man U for him means nothing. He's a Boca and Argentina fan and nothing else, I'm sure he'd never play for River, but in England he doesn't give a damn where he plays. Do you think he feels a Man U-Liverpool derby like he feels a Boca-River one? In fact, he came to Man U for money. If he didn't, he'd still be playing for us. I'm not blaming him, Corinthians, West Ham, Man U, Man City, they all can pay much more than we can, it's natural that he wants to win money, he was born in a very poor family and wants to improve his status.

Overall, you're blaming a player that said a compromise phrase, and that never was supposed to be a fan of your club. It's not like he was born and raised in Manchester. To him the United-City rivalry means nothing. It's like I told you, I love Everton, but I like Liverpool too, because I didn't grow there with the rivalry between the two teams, so I don't feel wrong when I'm happy that Liverpool wins, even though I'm an Everton fan

most football fans in England are pretty damned passionate, myself included, have you not seen how much football means to us?

your missing the point, he didnt say he loved the club, he said he loved the fans, and wanted to stay for the fans, surely, even he is aware of the fact that to say that and then move to a rival team is pretty damned insulting to thoose fans?

FootballFan said:
SciFiBoy

Compare that squad to Arsenal Everton Villa and Tottenham and you will see why i think that they could finish above them.

EDIT: I ment CaptainPrefrences

Arsenal, Everton, Villa & Tottenham have players who have gelled together for atleast a season or more, there more of a complete team unit, Man City even if we assume theyre young players will be superstars, have yet to gel and form a team unit, it will take them atleast a season or 2 to do so, thats assuming there owners dont want to make yet more changes to the playing or coaching staff.

SciFiBoy said:
zexen_lowe said:

most football fans in England are pretty damned passionate, myself included, have you not seen how much football means to us?

your missing the point, he didnt say he loved the club, he said he loved the fans, and wanted to stay for the fans, surely, even he is aware of the fact that to say that and then move to a rival team is pretty damned insulting to thoose fans?

Yes, but not to the extent of Argentina. You sure love the sport, but when I watch an english match the crowd is boring. . Not to the extent of the Spanish football (that puts me to sleep), but an Argentinian will never feel that the english crowd is more passionate. You may think like we're savage (in an extent, we are), but it's just the same way I think you're too quiet in the stadium

I'm sure he said that so you liked him. Footballers (and people in general) do that all the time. Maybe he wanted to stay that time, maybe he wasn't expecting to sign for Man City, maybe he fought with Ferguson after that, tons of things could have happened.

SciFiBoy said:
zexen_lowe said:

How do you know that England based football fans are not passionate?  SciFiBoy is right.  And 200times more passionate? Seriously, what are you basing that on?

Also Zexen, he didnt come to England for money, he wanted to play in something better than a Sunday morning league.