By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Godfather: BlackHand for Wii

http://wii.ign.com/articles/773/773509p1.html This game looks pretty fun actually! And it apparently is getting slightly better reviews than the PS3 version, mainly because the graphics are pretty much the same in both games. I wasn't expecting anything out of this game...but I hear that the Wii controls work great and it's actually fun, and now I want to get it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Yeah if you watch the video on youtube they show a whole demo wear the guy punches with the nunchuk and the wii-mote representing your left and right hands, and then you can press and hold a button to hold the guy and swing both controllers the throw him through a glass window or something, or lift them up to pick the guy off the ground. in theory it sounded like their getting carried away with gesture based gameplay, but watching the guy play, just made me want to pick it up myself.

that actually sounds pretty cool. I thought this was going to be another stupid port.

To an extent it is...but the added motion control apparently adds a lot more fun to the game, plus new missions and such. I've never played the Godfather games, so this looks like a fun start. They may get a little carried away with gesture-based controls, but according to various reviews, it's fun to play, and that's what I care about.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

When dealing with Wiiports you have to ask one very important question. Is it EA or Ubisoft? EA seems to actually be putting effort into making Wii versions that play well and offer something new, while Ubisoft seems to be focused on putting in as little effort as possible to make a buck.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Having played Madden 2007 Wii and SSX Blur, I think they're very good titles. I also happen to think that, despite the bugs, Red Steel was also a very good launch title, which I happen to be a happy owner of (thanks to santa). ;) Godfather is not my type of game, but I do look forward to trying Medal Of Honor : Vanguard (Cool! I get a medal! Does it mean I'm honorable?). If that turns out good, I'll definitely get it after Super Paper Mario (I already preordered SPM, and I don't think I'll have the budget to afford both by April 9th).

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

As I've said before EA has been responsible for very high-quality ports for Wii compared to others, but need to deliver on the original content still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axkeGQII8T8 This actually looks pretty cool

EA ports are t3h best. NFS = best port evah... Oh wait. Not that was a version of a good game... made horrible... basically the worst game I've played... ever... Because... The controls sucked so bad. Ok. Sorry for the outburst. Quit saying EA ports are great. Because some are downright the worst stuff on the Wii.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Have there been any other Activision games on Wii other than COD3, because that remains the standard for 1st person controls on Wii (from what I've heard MoH is better graphically - where COD3 really fell down - but not quite as good control-wise where it excelled) Ubisoft of course put out Splinter Cell (which I'm sure / hope sold all of 7 copies), which I think most would agree has to be the worst attempt at Wii controls next to Rapella Fishing (how you bungle a fishing game on Wii so badly boggles the mind...)