By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Activision are idiots? PS2/PS3 accounts for 40% of all gaming revenue

FayeC said:

Yet 360 continues to outsell the PS3.

They are extremely similar and one is half the price. I think most people overlook that and over analyze the situation.

PS3 owners on here say it costs more to game on 360. So which one is it?!!!!!

All I see is nearly a 9 mill gap. And since PS3 release date 360 has sold 3.75 mill more WW.

Around the Network
selnor said:
FayeC said:

Yet 360 continues to outsell the PS3.

They are extremely similar and one is half the price. I think most people overlook that and over analyze the situation.

PS3 owners on here say it costs more to game on 360. So which one is it?!!!!!

All I see is nearly a 9 mill gap. And since PS3 release date 360 has sold 3.75 mill more WW.

I'm sure they do by over inflating the price by adding stuff to the basic price. I wont say this isnt a factor, but its clearly less important than the price of entry. One could get a game and start playing it on the 360 for so much cheaper than than on a PS3, and thats what matters to a lot of consumers. Not game selection, not funtionality, only value.

Look at games like GTA, Madden, Final Fantasy,  Tekken, DMC, Star Ocean,  Tales, or Resident Evil. These are game that made PS2 great last gen and  a lot of gamers like these brands, yeat each on of them can be played more affordably on the 360.

I completely agree with FayeC. Entry price is the single most important factor. While on the long run, 360 may cost more, very few consumers will ever calculate the total cost over year.

Great point about content too. Having some of the old PS2 franchises on it helped a lot increasing the 360 value.

The other exclusive franchises the 360 couldn't take - Sony PS3 exclusives - are the reason why some people decide to pay more and choose PS3 over 360 or own both, much more than the power or the features of the console.

If Team ICO games, GT5, Killzone 2, MGS4, LBP, GOW3, Uncharted, Ratchet, Resistance 2 and some more great games were playable on 360 too, nearly nobody would buy the PS3 if that's not the same price as the 360. But they won't ever be since Sony owns the IPs and most of the studios.

I honestly think Activision CEO was just ribbing Sony gently. He and stringer probably play golf together. I think they have a pretty strong relationship as lots of activision games have started on ps1 and ps2. I don't think you guys should take this confrontation so seriously.

Hey, Aiemond, doesn't this reminds you of the argument we were having in the other thread?

OP: I'm just going to quote Howard Stringer towards Activision: "They certainly like to make a lot of noise". In the business world, this means go fuck yourself.

Around the Network
vaio said:
mario64 said:
Mostly MS teen fanboys on VG.

Go on N4G or Neogaf, then come back and tell me VG is owned by Sony fans. Every fact I write here which is not favorable to MS, I have like 4-5 answers from angry fanboys.

Actually MS is the smallest group here.

Actually MS is the biggest group here  and some of them pretend to be sonyfanboy!

Squilliam: I only got an Xbox 360 because I was appalled at the conduct of certain PS3 fanboys...
I prefer to side with the lulz to be honest.

Squilliam said:
I've almost made it to 3 days without trolling the PS3. My personal best is 17 days and I want to beat that record?

nolpuk said:
vaio said:
mario64 said:

Go on N4G or Neogaf, then come back and tell me VG is owned by Sony fans. Every fact I write here which is not favorable to MS, I have like 4-5 answers from angry fanboys.

Actually MS is the biggest group here  and some of them pretend to be sonyfanboy!

You dont have a clue if you really think that.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

vaio said:
nolpuk said:
vaio said:
mario64 said:

He is only wrong with the part that says MS is the biggest group here. He is completely right when he says that there are MS fanboys here that pretend to be Sony fanboys.

perpride said:
vaio said:
nolpuk said:
vaio said:
mario64 said:

He is only wrong with the part that says MS is the biggest group here. He is completely right when he says that there are MS fanboys here that pretend to be Sony fanboys.

By saying things that make Sony Fans look foolish? I'd believe that from what ive seen from "PS3 supporters". A lot of what they've said hardly seems rational.

perpride said:
vaio said:
nolpuk said:
vaio said:
mario64 said:

If you look at what I originaly said then you would know what i responded too.

I said MS is the smallest group here and he answered that they are the biggest.

So he hasnt got a clue if he thinks that MS is the biggest one here.

About the last part that wouldnt surprise me cause there are people on all three sides that pretend on any of the three consoles.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.