By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Microsoft predicts 177 million Windows 7 shipments by year end

You mean be wildly successful in their core businesses?

Around the Network

I'll be switch on launch...I'm so tired of Vista!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

coolbeans said:
Geez I can never stand buying upgrades like Vista and all that jazz. Hopefully it isn't as ridiculously expensive as Vista was when it first came out.

?...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

I already pre-ordered the Windows 7 upgrade. I have been running the Windows RC on both of my laptops and the experience is vastly superior to Windows Vista. I am looking forward to the final release of Windows 7! Hopefully, the Windows 7 effort will be the first of many efforts by Microsoft to release efficient and practically functional operating systems.

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

I'll buy it provided I can get a discounted version of professional through my school.

Around the Network

The part where you said Vista was ridiculously expensive. OEM versions of Home Premium were about £70, or a license with a new PC was £60 or so. Anyone buying anything else is a mug.

How many of those being free upgrades?

Does it matter? They still get the money one way or another and most people will be more than happy to get a free upgrade from Vista.

As a gamer, i don't need Windows 7.

I've already lived 2,5 years without Vista, and i didn't miss anything.

My favorite and classic games are running on my XP system, all upcoming PC titles like Dragon Age or Hearts of Iron III will run on XP, and i'm not interested in any of those shitty Vista/W7 only games.