By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your top ten favorite first-person shooters?

gadadta said:
I love how the console tards add Halo on their list when gamers who've played a decent FPS on the PC before Halo haven't even placed it on theirs.

Happy banning!

Around the Network

1. Perfect Dark
2. Goldeneye 007
3. Half-Life 2
4. Bioshock
5. Red Steel
6. The Darkness

They're the only ones I own/owned. Metroid Prime is considered FPA so I didn't count those.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

1. Metroid Prime 3
2. Half Life
3. Doom
4. BioShock
5. Goldeneye 007
6. Killzone 2
7. Call of Duty 4
8. Time Splitters
9. Halo 3
10. Quake

1-Medal of Honor(PC)
2-Call of Duty 4
3-Halo3
4-Half-Lifes
That's it, i don't play many shooters

But war... war never changes

NightDragon83 said:
O-D-C said:
10 - Command & Conquer: Renegade
9 - Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge
8 - Call Of Duty 4: Moden Warfare
7 - The Conduit
6 - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
5 - Red Steel
4 - Call Of Duty: World At War
3 - Perfect Dark
2 - Time Splitters: Future Perfect
1 - Goldeneye 007

You put The Conduit and Red Steel ahead of COD4?  Well, to each his own I guess...

10-Counterstrike

9-Halo 3 (honorable mention to 1 as well)

8-Goldeneye

7-Half Life

6-Metroid Prime

5-Freedom Fighters (I don't care that it's a 3rd Person Shooter, it still kicks ass!)

4-Perfect Dark

3-Timesplitters 2

2-COD4: Modern Warfare

1- Half Life 2 + Episode 2

well if I ever get my hands on COD 4 for myself Id prolly rate it a lot higher, maybe even number 1, but Iv only played a few missions, but loved it.

Around the Network

1. Goldeneye 007

Lost Planet, Left 4 Dead, Halo 3, Gears of War 1 + 2, Timesplitters 2

I'd like to stress that my #1 is still the best FPS!!! The rest are all fun in their own ways ;D I KNOW I am probably forgetting some on here... but those are what come to mind.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Unfortunately I don't really play 1st person shooters... have an issue with getting nauseated and dizzy... but... 2 games where it didn't seem to affect me too much...

1. Goldeneye
2. Counterstrike

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.

1. Half-Life 2
2. Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
4. Tribes (did everything halo did and better, and before.)
5. Halo. CE
6. Half-Life
7. F.E.A.R.
8. Killzone 2
9. Far Cry
10. Crysis

digitalentourage said:
1. Half-Life 2
2. Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
4. Tribes (did everything halo did and better, and before.)
5. Halo. CE
6. Half-Life
7. F.E.A.R.
8. Killzone 2
9. Far Cry
10. Crysis

No, Marathon did everything before Halo did. No really, the health systems are very familiar.

Nightwish224 said:

1. Goldeneye 007

Lost Planet, Left 4 Dead, Halo 3, Gears of War 1 + 2, Timesplitters 2

I'd like to stress that my #1 is still the best FPS!!! The rest are all fun in their own ways ;D I KNOW I am probably forgetting some on here... but those are what come to mind.

Lost Plane isn't a FPS.