By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XV ... o-gawd ...

txrattlesnake said:

Yeah, and its too bad that no other Japanese RPG developer (not counting the makers of the Persona games because those games although great are modern horror and not epic fantasy rpgs) is even capable of carrying the keyboards of the Square of old. Keeping fingers crossed that the new Crystal Chronicles for Wii, XIII, Versus XIII, XIV, or XV will be worthy of the names Square and Final Fantasy.

I really have hope with main FF now. XIII,Versus XIII(Wich i consider a main FF, it's treated like one for Square-Enix, have high-budget and first line equip working on it), Crystal Chronicles Wii and XIV will be great. I think what hurted Final Fantasy brand was the several remakes of old games, S-E is still making new IP good games, just like TWEWY. They just changed things, they're main games are on DS and PSP while home consoles just get C games. What will change with the true FF coming.

Around the Network
invetedlotus123 said:

dunno001 said:

As do I. Back when they had to compete with Enix, both companies made a lot more good games. Now, it's just slap the words "Final Fantasy" on everything, and occasionally throw out a bone called "Dragon Quest" for Japan.

Me too. Actually i Think the best jrpg developer is Atlus. For me Atlus is the nowadays Squaresoft whitout the graphical dominance. The only thing i have with Square-Enix is Main FF and KH, others games are just getting worse.

Ironically, it was my getting tired of disappointment from S-E that led me to finding Atlus. I'm kicking myself for not finding them sooner, given what I'm finding myself paying for some of their older games now. All Atlus has to tell me right now is that they're releasing another SMT game (Persona or not), and if I have the system I'm buying it. Squaresoft used to be able to do that to me. Even if FF15 comes out for a system that I have, I can't say that I'm going to be too looking forward to it anymore.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

dunno001 said:
invetedlotus123 said:

dunno001 said:

As do I. Back when they had to compete with Enix, both companies made a lot more good games. Now, it's just slap the words "Final Fantasy" on everything, and occasionally throw out a bone called "Dragon Quest" for Japan.

Me too. Actually i Think the best jrpg developer is Atlus. For me Atlus is the nowadays Squaresoft whitout the graphical dominance. The only thing i have with Square-Enix is Main FF and KH, others games are just getting worse.

Ironically, it was my getting tired of disappointment from S-E that led me to finding Atlus. I'm kicking myself for not finding them sooner, given what I'm finding myself paying for some of their older games now. All Atlus has to tell me right now is that they're releasing another SMT game (Persona or not), and if I have the system I'm buying it. Squaresoft used to be able to do that to me. Even if FF15 comes out for a system that I have, I can't say that I'm going to be too looking forward to it anymore.

I would buy any system for SMT games, with the excpetion of the Wii. Persona 4 was just a surprise to me, the plot is okay and can prend you attention, the gameplay is pretty good and fun, but the best of the games are the dialogues scenes, I just can't remember any game that made me laugh like Persona 4 did. I'm waiting for the PSP realese of both Persona 2 to get one. And the best about then is that just don't give a shit about pushing graphics, they do care about art-style, but not about graphics, and doing so they can realese awesome games MUCH faster than

S-E.

invetedlotus123 said:
dunno001 said:
invetedlotus123 said:

I would buy any system for SMT games, with the excpetion of the Wii. Persona 4 was just a surprise to me, the plot is okay and can prend you attention, the gameplay is pretty good and fun, but the best of the games are the dialogues scenes, I just can't remember any game that made me laugh like Persona 4 did. I'm waiting for the PSP realese of both Persona 2 to get one. And the best about then is that just don't give a shit about pushing graphics, they do care about art-style, but not about graphics, and doing so they can realese awesome games MUCH faster than

S-E.

Actually, it was a few other Atlus games prior that made me get a PSP early, so that I can have Persona preordered. (That, and I want that music CD!) But since I'm an old games junkie also, we already have a Wii here. (VC eats my soul.) But I can't say I've given up on S-E yet; I'm flying through FF4:AY, and a few of us are playing Crystal Defenders. But I can drop these in a heartbeat for an Atlus game. And the lack of forced graphics lets them make their games even longer and harder. I miss that from the old SquareSoft days...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Pffft. Everyone knows that after XIV it's going to be back to 0. Followed by negative numbers.

Then after that they're going to do fractions for a while.

What I'm really looking forward to are the FFe^(i*sqrt(2)*pi*n) games. That's when they'll stop repeating themselves.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
Around the Network
Non Sequor said:
Pffft. Everyone knows that after XIV it's going to be back to 0. Followed by negative numbers.

Then after that they're going to do fractions for a while.

What I'm really looking forward to are the FFe^(i*sqrt(2)*pi*n) games. That's when they'll stop repeating themselves.

Lulz!

XV? Can't they come up with better names than XII XIII OR XIV? I know its fake

blazinhead89 said:
XV? Can't they come up with better names than XII XIII OR XIV? I know its fake

BLAZE! Dont see ya post offen.

Lulz, FFXV for PS3 BEL EVE!

axumblade said:
Is this a PS3 exclusive?! Steampunk FTW!(?) Maybe?

It dosen't have "Playstation exclusive" on the boxart...:P

Dark_Rulez89 said:
axumblade said:
Is this a PS3 exclusive?! Steampunk FTW!(?) Maybe?

It dosen't have "Playstation exclusive" on the boxart...:P

O ya without it incribed on the case its just regular exclusive instead of timed. :D