By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - “Thou shall not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is an abomination.”

Desroko said:
MrBubbles said:
i think her ruling about the firemen should be enough to show that she doesnt deserve the job.

She was following Supreme Court precedent. Bushey was the law of the land when her circuit court decided Ricci, and circuit court judges can't override that.

This. She was doing exactly what a justice should, which is to follow precedent. Exactly the sort of thing that the Conservatives (generally very supportive of such traditional judicial practices) should be praising her for, but they naturally don't mind the otherwise damnable "activist judges" so long as they're activist in their favor, and equally they condemn judicial restraint if it helps prop up something they oppose.

Hypocrisy is the nature of politics, after all (my disclaimer against any perceived conservative-bashing)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Free speech should extend to everybody, even homophobes who believe there an invisible man in the sky.

TheRealMafoo said:
Dodece said:

Free speech is not speech free of civic responsibility. You are free to express your views in a civil manner. That does not cause undue harm to others. Nor should you be wishing to cause harm to others. You are not permitted to run into a crowded building screaming fire.

What if you think there is a fire?

From the perspective of the person who put up the billboard, it's not hate speech. He truly believes if you're a man who sleeps with another man, your going to hell, and out of compassion for your eternity, he is trying to inform as many people as possible of the pending danger.

I am an atheist who is all for gay rights, and I still think this ruling is wrong.

Indeed.

Not an atheist.  But people who worry about others going to hell because of who they sleep with are idiots and ignoring the thousands of other things EVERBODY does on a daily basis that would send you to hell if you believe in what the bible says.

We have a billboard owner by us.  Funny guy.  Every week it's a different billboard.  One week it's about how Rush Limbaugh and all other republican talkshow hosts should be arrested for treason and excuted, the next week it's about how gays are ruining the country etc.

It's ALWAYS something controversial, but who it's going to offend changed week by week.

Saying homophobe is so gay

Repent or be destroyed