By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Orange Box get a perfect Review?

BenKenobi88 said:
I still can't believe the console version costs $60...wasn't there an in-store discount for pre-ordering as well?

I mean...$60 is still a GREAT bargain...but it's not $45 like the PC version...

Ya.... but seriously. Look what you are getting. If every single 60 dollar game came with all of this content I would never complain, that's for sure.

Just kiss the tip.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
The PC version also gets the free Peggle Extreme game.

It has everything the console versions have, and of course the ability to mod, download TONS of maps, etc.

Has this changed? I recall seeing an ad for another color box that advertizied only having episode 2 team fortress 2 and portal for the PC.

No, it has not. I already bought the game, I would know.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Orange Box... deserves a 10. HL2, HL2:Ep1, HL2:Ep2, Team Fortress 2, and Portal all in one package. Talk about one hell of a deal.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

There used to be a Black Box when the Boxes were announced with just the new games for PC gamers who already owned HL2 and HL2 Ep 1..but that was before any prices were announced at all.

The Orange Box takes the price of the 3 new games, which would add up to $80 separately, and bundles them together for $50, $45 with prepurchase. That's a great deal. Then HL2 and HL2: Ep 1 are thrown in "for free."

There are some who complain about having to rebuy the two games...but they're just stupid whiners who dont' appreciate these quality games for such a good price. Besides, giving away 2 games to friends is a good feeling.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

haha The Orange Box commercial is awesome. And its so true. Best game ever: HL2, Best MultiPlayer game of the year: Team Fortress 2, and most innovative and puzzing game: Portal

=]

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

This is the deal of the year. I assume it will get between a 9.5 and 10.
The only downside is TF2 doesn't have enough maps.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

BenKenobi88 said:
There used to be a Black Box when the Boxes were announced with just the new games for PC gamers who already owned HL2 and HL2 Ep 1..but that was before any prices were announced at all.

The Orange Box takes the price of the 3 new games, which would add up to $80 separately, and bundles them together for $50, $45 with prepurchase. That's a great deal. Then HL2 and HL2: Ep 1 are thrown in "for free."

There are some who complain about having to rebuy the two games...but they're just stupid whiners who dont' appreciate these quality games for such a good price. Besides, giving away 2 games to friends is a good feeling.

That's what I remembered, the Black Box. I figured there would be no Orange Box for the PC with the other two game already on the market. 

Hey will HL2 be exactly the same graphics wise for the consoles?