By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - What will be the best selling game this generation?

The funny thing is, that no matter how much we go on about the 'wide audience' that Mario will sell to (and it will) it will still probably be outsold be Nintendogs which sells to a narrow audience, the casual market.

It just goes to show that casuals are the largest market I guess =

Around the Network

Id have to say smash bros brawl. i cant see wii fit selling more then it, and assuming wii will end the gen with the biggest instal base, smash or galaxy would seem obvious choices. of course, something unheard of could quite easily win.

@snesboy...
your sig is waaaay to big. seriosuly, at least halve it.

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

If you're looking for the total number of copies sold across all systems then most likely the game has yet to be announced.

I think Super Mario Galaxies is a good choice but the Wiis focus as a group oriented system will stunt sales. Mario 64 was such a behemoth because it WAS the reason to get an N64, I expect SMG to sell really well but 15 million + copies would be pushing it.

GTA4 won't be #1 simply because a bigger and better GTA will follow it in a couple of years. GTA3 was topped by Vice City sales which was topped by San Andreas.

I think this generation is going to be interesting because the top selling game may well be a multi-plat which sells heavily on both the 360 and PS3.

Wii Fit or something casualish like that IMO.