By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Average age on VGchartz.com

I'm 25, I've been playing for over 20 years.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
http://alexa.com/siteinfo/vgchartz.com

This link is somewhat vague, but basically, Vgchartz has a lot of people ages 18-34. So the average person here is fairly young.

ok, how in the world do they generate demographics information like age or sex from IPs?

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

nordlead said:
MontanaHatchet said:

This link is somewhat vague, but basically, Vgchartz has a lot of people ages 18-34. So the average person here is fairly young.

ok, how in the world do they generate demographics information like age or sex from IPs?

Super secret virtual webcams that travel down your internet and take your photo from behind dark pixels.... In fact they are the little known cause of dead pixels.

*looks at screen*

Ahhh, there's one now!

nordlead said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I assume they're going by what we put in our profiles. The information does reflect what you see in this site.

MontanaHatchet said:
nordlead said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I assume they're going by what we put in our profiles. The information does reflect what you see in this site.

do you really think they wrote a script to parse the websites profile pages? I'm sure it is quite possible, but that seems odd as I always figured Alexa was just a completely automated website. Not only that, but they wouldn't have a proper representation of guests.

Around the Network

Well, given that a lot of forums have age as an option, it may be set to look for the Age string, and parse the information from that. Although I imagine if someone liked Agetec games, that could throw a slight wrench, and would test their exception catcher...

Anyway, on the topic itself. I know that at 28, I'm over the average age. (Damn, I hate thinking about being that old now. I liked turning 25 for the auto insurance discount, but... the next thing to look forward to now is 50, and I sure don't want to think about that!) I've been gaming for 26 years, starting with the Atari 2600. (I'll get those games in my profile at some point. But I did just buy another game for it today! :P ) I'd peg the average here to be 20-21 myself...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

I'm 39 (skewing the demo, I know!), and my first system was when I was 7 or 8 (here).

I have a 3 year old...to those kids who said they have played since they were 2 or 3...I applaud you.  My son has neither the desire, nor the attention span to play ANY video games (I've tried).

I am 14 yea there are two of us so far hellz yea! started playing at age 3-4!!

Official Member of the Xbox 360 squad!

69 ;)

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

The average can`t be higher than 20. And what Trios said; people claim to have played since they were 3...I`m impressed.