By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If sony only made software who should they support?

I was expecting a biased post! Thats why it has to do with everything!

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
I was expecting a biased post! Thats why it has to do with everything!

Sorry to dissapoint you, Vaio is my real name, named after my grandfather and has nothing to do with Sony.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Wow thats an amazing name man 0-0

mM

Thanks man that was nice of you to say.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Multiplat excluding MS console (i.e. Nintendo/PC/MAC)

Around the Network

I like the Sony/Sega merger. That console with both companies exclusives would be insane and i would definately buy one and as many controllers as it can handle at 1 time.

I truly believe that if Sony stopped making hardware they would simply sell their gaming related business.

Sony are in a totally different situation to Sega as gaming is not Sony as a whole main business. They would not go multi platform as they don't need to do that to survive, Sega had no choice. Had Sega not done what they done the name Sega would have become nothing but a page in history. Sony can simply shift resources over to over divisions and carry on.

MontanaHatchet said:
Assuming they go third party like Sega, their best option is always multiplatform.

Do you think that Sony still holds a grudge against Nintendo? Nintendo did screw them over back in the early 90's.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Shadowblind said:

I'd say that for a while, they may support mainly Ninty, since it was only after MS entered the console warz did their domination end, depending on available hardware. Still afterwards they'd probably take the SEGA route and do multi.

And as many will need to come in here and say..."its not ever gonna happen, etc."

By that logic, Sega should have supported Nintendo exclusively as Sony was one of the big reason on why they failed with the Saturn / Dreamcast

Don't fool yourself, honour is dead.

Long live money our eternal master in the corporate world.

Undying said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Assuming they go third party like Sega, their best option is always multiplatform.

Do you think that Sony still holds a grudge against Nintendo? Nintendo did screw them over back in the early 90's.

Get your facts straight, Sony tried to steal Nintendo´s IP´s and thats why Nintendo backed out of the deal if they didn´t then Sony would own all of Nintendo´s IP´s today. So it was Sony that tried to screw Nintendo when Nintendo hired them for a cd-rom device.