By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 getting a 360 favorite

@Zizzla : that's called a price cut. That's why the PS3 outsold 360 every week before this price cut, last september, and will outsell it again when Sony cuts the price too.

Sales I play sales.

@StrategyKing : with Heavy Rain and GOW3, MAG + tons more, I think you're wrong and 2010 will be another PS3 year, like 2008 and 2009. I can confidently say that.

Around the Network
mario64 said:
2) DLC are not full games. 3) There were more great games this year and last year on PS3 than on 360, like metacritic shows.

Take 85+ full games (non DLC, non XBLA/PSN games), you'll see I'm right from 2008 onwards.

360 need more great games though.

My oh my. All this talk of needing great games for the 360. Do us a favor and look at metacritic's AAA average for this generation of consoles, hm?

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Zizzla_Rachet said:
leo-j said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
mario64 said:
@Sizzla : Sales, I play sales on my 360 !!

I absolutely don't care about sales as long as I've got the best games. ;)

Or you should play Wii Fit, it has the best sales, killing everything on 360.

Exactly when will one 360 exclusive game hit Wii Fit numbers?

Wii fit has a broader apeal...Way bigger than anything on ps3 or 360....I mean Chicks buy wii fit...and fat chicks....so STFU

That was dumb and did not prove that PS3 has the best games...

Its not our fault people hate the ps3, its not our fault people dont want ps3 games, its not our fault that the ps3 does have quality ip but nobody cares about them.

Sales =/= quality, stop saying it does, if it did that would mean Wii sports, Wii fit, and Wii play were damn near the best games ever in history.

So becuase PS3 has the Niche games I have to agree with PS3 fanboys?

The ps3 has good games, niche? We cant prove that, because most people dont know what Uncharted is, most people dont know what little big planet is, they do know what halo is, why ? Ask sony's advertising team.

mM
mario64 said:
Yeah, it's an AAA title (90+ on Metacritic), so it's definitely a great game, no wonder people are happy.

On the subject of AAA games, 360 desperately needs one this year as exclusive :

PS3 exclusives AAA full games in 2009 : 2 (Killzone 2 and MLB 09)
360 exclusive AAA full games in 2009 : 0

It seems 2009 was the year of the PS3, like 2008.

LOL! you wouldn't think so seeing how badly te PS3 is selling, dropping like a lead baloon,

And get back to me at the end of the year when all 2009 games have been released, then we can compare which system had the best games for the year as I think it will easily be the 360.

papflesje said:
Strategyking92 said:
lol.

ps3 fans ~ " Yay! We're getting L4D, Gears 2 or maybe even Halo 3!!!"

*ACTUAL NEWS HITS*

ps3 fans ~ "We're getting A digital download game?.... Yay!! We're getting a digital download game!!"

Don't tell me that your "depiction of reality" is based on two people responding after the actual announcement was placed in this thread?

@ zizzla: Why are you stating that thing about the sales? As far as I know, people play one game and not 41k copies of that game, so aside from opposition in multiplayer (which isn't really a problem, even if you only sell 100k), there is no reason to point out that GoW2 sold gangbusters...

Man, seriously, this site is turning out into an ever bigger fanboy-site than the ones that got mentioned here on VGC earlier.

Sorry I forget that on this site it's not valid to say that more people playing = more quality in a game.....

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
mario64 said:

Wii fit has a broader apeal...Way bigger than anything on ps3 or 360....I mean Chicks buy wii fit...and fat chicks....so STFU

Its not our fault people hate the ps3, its not our fault people dont want ps3 games, its not our fault that the ps3 does have quality ip but nobody cares about them.

Sales =/= quality, stop saying it does, if it did that would mean Wii sports, Wii fit, and Wii play were damn near the best games ever in history.

your right, the blame for that rests on Sony because they can't seem to get their act together this gen. 

mario64 said:
@Zizzla : It must be great playing 'sales' on your 360 all the year while PS3 owners play their great exclusives. I'm sure sales make Gears of Wars 2 less broken online.

Gears Of War 2 is perfectly fine online, your living in the past, was patched aggggges ago, only played it about an hour ago.....

@Shadowblind : yeah sure, I did. If you remove DLC, XBLA 512 Mb games and PSN games (which should never be there in the first place), PS3 wins easily in exclusives FULL GAMES on Meta.

If you remove '360/PC fantasy 360 exclusives' which are not exclusives since they're on PC, it's even worse.

The few games left are from 2007 or before, and they're mostly shooters.

Feel free to check.

gergroy said:
leo-j said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
mario64 said:

your right, the blame for that rests on Sony because they can't seem to get their act together this gen. 

leo-j is right though. if quality = sales, Bioshock would have sold 5mil, as would have Uncharted, Vesperia and VC.

Quite frankly most people don't hate the PS3, but the price tag gets them.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

mario64 said:
@Shadowblind : yeah sure, I did. If you remove DLC, XBLA 512 Mb games and PSN games (which should never be there in the first place), PS3 wins easily in exclusives FULL GAMES on Meta.

If you remove '360/PC fantasy 360 exclusives' which are not exclusives since they're on PC, it's even worse.

The few games left are from 2007 or before, and they're mostly shooters.

Feel free to check.

your talking about 360/pc fantasy exclusives but didn't you just quote earlier as mlb o9 being a ps3 exclusive?  You do realize it's on ps2 and psp right?