By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Impressive. Most impressive.

According to the Japanese charts, 30th September, the PSP may have dropped over half sales, but still was the top selling system. Time for more crazy DS games, if Nintendo wants to keep printing money.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Even if the PSP is outselling the DS, Nintendo is still printing money.

But yeah, I'm sure DQIX will help them out in early '08.

I don't think anyone questions that the DS will rise above the PSP again at some point, but I do think the slim PSP will make it more "sexy" to the average consumer, particularly with some of the good games coming out for it this holiday season.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Let the games begin, finally.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

I'm still torn between which handheld to get, if I get one. I don't usually buy handhelds, but I've been thinking about picking up a DS for a while. A whil back, I was of the opinion that if I'm going to get a handheld, i'm going to go with Nintendo because their cartoony artstyle suits low-tech devices more, imo. After seeing the jaw-dropping trailers of games like KZ2, I just don't like older games that strive for realistic and detailed graphics as much anymore, like KZ: Liberation.

In addition to the graphics argument, the unveiling of Phantom Hourglass practically sealed the deal on me getting a DS. However, Daxter, MGS: PO, and GoW: CoO have made me lean more towards the PSP lately.

In the end, I'll probably just do what I normally do and stick with consoles and my PC. :P

Around the Network

I guarantee next week the DS is back on top in Japan. A 52% drop after one week? Next week the DS will be ahead, but I'm not sure how far.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

makingmusic476 said:
I'm still torn between which handheld to get, if I get one. I don't usually buy handhelds, but I've been thinking about picking up a DS for a while. A whil back, I was of the opinion that if I'm going to get a handheld, i'm going to go with Nintendo because their cartoony artstyle suits low-tech devices more, imo. After seeing the jaw-dropping trailers of games like KZ2, I just don't like older games that strive for realistic and detailed graphics as much anymore, like KZ: Liberation.

In addition to the graphics argument, the unveiling of Phantom Hourglass practically sealed the deal on me getting a DS. However, Daxter, MGS: PO, and GoW: CoO have made me lean more towards the PSP lately.

In the end, I'll probably just do what I normally do and stick with consoles and my PC. :P

Or you could get both systems, if they both have enough games you like.

This is a good time for the PSP. I mean it just got the dream team of games for it, the whole MGS and FF pair that is always pointed to on the PS3 just came to the PSP. The new hardware I am sure also helps, seeing the video that shows the change in load time for the new model is a major boost for the PSP as I hate the slow loads on my current phat one. Then again it is facing the DS which just has a great set of games on it, which I think may be better suited to mobile play than a lot of the PSP games are.

To do my best to help the PSP, I greatly recommend Crush -- my current favorite. It is a puzzle game and it works well as a mobile game as you can just turn it off and not lose tons of progress just a bit of one level that is easy to redo. It actually tends to improve your level score as figuring out a level means fewer wasted Crushes.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

LordTheNightKnight said:
makingmusic476 said:

Or you could get both systems, if they both have enough games you like.

I could, but I'm damn near broke.  :P

Rubang B said:
I guarantee next week the DS is back on top in Japan. A 52% drop after one week? Next week the DS will be ahead, but I'm not sure how far.

Hehe Rubang B they fnally push you away from Joystiq? I haven't seen you post there in a few weeks. Well welcome to VG Chartz now along with John Lucas, Myself and Dolla Dolla. I have seena few others here as well but htese are the names that stick out.