By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console is best for downloadable classic games?

sguy78 said:
Forget everything after the 16-bit era, I don't care.

That is the Virtual Console on the Wii.  You also get Commodore 64 thrown in the Mix, AND Neo-Geo, plus a few arcade titles.

Around the Network

Wii

richardhutnik said:
sguy78 said:
Forget everything after the 16-bit era, I don't care.

That is the Virtual Console on the Wii.  You also get Commodore 64 thrown in the Mix, AND Neo-Geo, plus a few arcade titles.

No online multiplayer though, which is what he's really after.

Sounds like I won't miss with either the Wii or the Xbox360. I'm waiting for the Wii to come out in a black color, and the Elite to come down in price.

sguy78 said:
Sounds like I won't miss with either the Wii or the Xbox360. I'm waiting for the Wii to come out in a black color, and the Elite to come down in price.

Wii doesn't really have playing online though, but it DOES have a LARGE selection of classic titles.

Around the Network
sguy78 said:

{~Your Answer is a Good one~}

@OP
Wii pretty much dominates the console classics. Sega Master, Genesis, Tubro Graphix, Snes, N64, Neo Geo and now they are adding Arcade. However when they do bring one of these games it's pretty much the exact game. There are no changes. So if you looking for some kind of network support. This option will not have it.

XBox seems to be the current winner for Arcade classics. On top of that some of the games get upgrades. Either in graphics or added network support.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

.jayderyu said:
@OP
Wii pretty much dominates the console classics. Sega Master, Genesis, Tubro Graphix, Snes, N64, Neo Geo and now they are adding Arcade. However when they do bring one of these games it's pretty much the exact game. There are no changes. So if you looking for some kind of network support. This option will not have it.

XBox seems to be the current winner for Arcade classics. On top of that some of the games get upgrades. Either in graphics or added network support.

I honestly don't need a graphical upgrade. Just the nostalgia.

I think that the wii has tons of classics. I mean their is alot. I plan to get more after I buy punch out the conduit and maybe animal crossing.than end the year with mario

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

@killeryoshi

he said he wanted online. Which is definitely the wii