By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console is best for downloadable classic games?

Here's the thing; I'm originally from Rochester, New York, and now reside in Miami, Florida. Most of my childhood friends are still in New York. We all really grew playing the NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis at eachother's places. My question is which current console is the best to download classic 8-bit and 16-bit games and play online with my geographically challenged friends to live up the old times? Forget the Nintendo classics, because they obviously are only going to be on the Wii. That doesn't mean the Wii should be forgotten altogether. If it competes with the other two systems on the amount of classic games from that era made from the likes of Capcom, Midway, etc, then great.

Around the Network

PSN: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PSOne_Classics
XBL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_Originals

as for 8bit and 16bit, im not sure.

if you're going to play with them over the internet than it has to be the Xbox 360, it's the only one that gives the old games online multiplayer.

If you like the old snes/nes games go for the wii and the Virtual console

Wii

Around the Network

The Wii, BY FAR, as the most downloadable classics. The virtual console has the most.

This is a serious question? the VC man.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

richardhutnik said:
The Wii, BY FAR, as the most downloadable classics. The virtual console has the most.

I Agree, the Wii has the best Classics, i looked it up at my uncles house and it was truly epic!

But.. Only PSN has Final Fantasy VII...And that is the ultimate win in my book.

Off topic: You're from the Roc? I went to school for a few years. That's a drastic change climate wise.

On topic the Wii has this hands down.

Forget everything after the 16-bit era, I don't care.