By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are Wii sales slowing down!

Well, the entire market is showing a down-wards trend, save for the 360, maybe. And Wii should get some sort of boost from some big SW releases in the near future, so people better not get too eager and jump the gun on this one

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network

Is the exclamation point the new question mark? Like, 40 is the new 30?

"Success really is decided at birth, and your life will never be better than it is right now. Sorry about that."

The title of the thread starts off as a question and then just ends in excitement!

"Success really is decided at birth, and your life will never be better than it is right now. Sorry about that."

360 is the only console not down from this time last year but it's also the only console that's cheaper then it was this time last year.

I think it's because of the summer. And the fact that last year they released MK Wii and Wii Fit just before summer. That's why YoY seem so low.

You could also consider the recession and that most people who wanted one already have one.

Around the Network

I am going to be different and state that the wii is stabilizing at about 85k in EU and NA. In japan it will most likely stabilize at 15k. The last couple weeks have been big drops but it seems that the wii has found its regular sales.

To put things in perspective the whole console market is down from last year. Software down 20-45%. Consoles down just about the same.

Wii down 45%
PS3 down 42%
Xbox up like 5%

Wii and PS3 are down mostly due to the economic condition especially with them being produced by foreign companies for the two major regions. Lack of strong software may have also contributed.

Xbox is up, actually it is more of stabilized, because of the pricecut it had last year which made one of their SKU's the cheapest on the market. Once we reach Fall we will see that the Xbox has gone down a lot as well.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

Lol yea, this isn't really news. OMG people can buy the wii now!? WHOA!

It's slowing down but that's to be expected when it's a recession, limited new releases and no price cuts.

Figlioni said:
The title of the thread starts off as a question and then just ends in excitement!

Ha, that irked me as well.  That's basic punctuation.  You learn the difference between a question mark and an exclamation point in 2nd grade...

Every console is slowing, its called summer, happens every year.

superchunk said:
Every console is slowing, its called summer, happens every year.

It didn't happen to the Wii last year, but then it did have three huge releases to keep the fire going.  For the last 12 months, software has been pretty meh, but there are games coming, especially New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Veder Juda is hand crafted from EPIC FAIL, and is a 96% certified Looney; the other 4% is a work in progress.