By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin: Get the GC one or NPC?

I lost my copy of Pikmin. Not sure where it went or if I sold it. So, I ask you guys, is the NPC one worth it? Are the controlls helpful or harmful. Would you recommend this game to me? Or should I get a used cube one?

Around the Network

Gamecube one. It is alot cheaper

I have only played the gamecube one for like 30 min but IGN said the NPC is very well implemented and they can't wait for pikmin 3 after playing the old ones with wii controls.

dsister44 said:
Gamecube one. It is alot cheaper

and worse....
Get NPC. The aiming is so much more easier. Also you could do shortcuts that you couldn't do
on GC. NPC is suprior to the GC version. Only problem gliches

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Get NPC. The ability to reset days trumps anything the original offers.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

I loved the NPC controls on Pikmin 2. But I haven't experienced the original controls to compare I'm afraid.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Skorpion said:
I have only played the gamecube one for like 30 min but IGN said the NPC is very well implemented and they can't wait for pikmin 3 after playing the old ones with wii controls.

I can't wait to see a picture. Just a picture will get me really hyped. Imagine me playying a demo O_o

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I cannot even imagine playing Pikmin without a Wiimote.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

NPC you can get it for $20 on Ebay and I couldn't imagine playing without Wiimote controls.

Actually its only $20 on amazon new. (NPC version)