By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - N'Gai Proppses A Better Wiimote

Source and story

-edit-
bah-- I hate not being able to edit titles.  -_-

Around the Network

Yeah I saw that yesterday.

I don't know, it does look like it'd be a bit easier to reach + and - like that. The problem is you might bump them as well.

It sounds impossible, but I've had people bump the Home button while playing various Wii games...and that button is practically flush with the controller.

For the sake of the Wii's style and new target audience, it'd be best to keep A big and away from other buttons.

Besides, if those 2 buttons go there, then we could just add 2 more buttons where they used to be! And then, we could add more buttons, and more buttons, until it just gets confusing for stupid people.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Moar is not always better

P.S. that's an intentional misspelling

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

i didn't have a problem ever with the visors or corruption mode in metroid...n'gai just likes to use photoshop.

I never had this specific problem either. Reaching 1 and 2 is a bitch, though.

Around the Network

That looks pretty interesting. Any large permanent changes to controller are of course already impossible due to the need for games that use the new type of controller being compatible with the old one, but stuff like moving the buttons around a bit should be feasible.

Not sure if Nintendo is going to do it, but we'll probably see third parties start to offer alternatives sooner or later. Hopefully they'll do something inventive, rather than just the same controller with cheaper and less reliable parts.

It's one thing to include a $40 accessory with a set of minigames for $50, it's quite another to include one with Metroid Prime 3 as the article suggests.

When playing Super Paper Mario with the controller on its side I know a certain person who kept turning the console off by holding down on the power button on the wii-mote. It was quite amusing to laugh at her but I paid for it later =P

I'm not convinced it needs the extra buttons but I would be willing to try it, it might work nice it might not. But I do know Nintendo put a lot of R&D into the design of the wii-mote so I don't suspect there are any easy improvements that aren't a trade-off in some way.

To Each Man, Responsibility

That might work.

Personally, I think you could shuffle A over to one side and put another button of equal size next to it. I think if would add a good chunk of functionality without sacrificing much of the natural grip that the wiimote has.

The + and - buttons would perhaps work better if they were moved up slightly from where the Home button is, though as BenKenobi notes, this does increase the risk of accidental presses.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.