By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

For something to decrease it needs to outsell the wii first. I gave you a list of all succesfull add ons, but you refused to read it. Was the list too long for you to read? Why do you put so much faith in a gimmick that will only come out in a year from now if not longer... Your sig talks about fanboys, but you're a fanboy as well, I hope you realise that.

Around the Network

^why are you so agressive? How can i be a 360 or wii fanboy when i dont even own those consoles?
You think Natal is gimmick but wii mote isn't? Both are not gimmick. Also why is it impossible for 360 to outsell the wii??? Wii is obviously selling because of motion controll and soon 360 (and PS3) will have motion controll, exept you wont be needing controller when you use natal at all :) And dont forget 360 is cheper than wii, so why would a customer choose more expensive system with weaker motion controlls, worse graphics and worse online, over a system which is cheaper, has better motion controll ( no controller needed baby!) has better graphics, better online and huge 3rd party support???

The fact that it comes with the console doesn't make it a gimmick...

I'm not calling you a 360 fanboy now am I? :)

Wii is selling because of the casuals and that market is dominated by Nintendo. I don't see them all going to the xbox360 just because it will have motion. Nintendo has a lot better games that suit for the casuals. Microsoft and Sony are adding this way too late to even be remotely succesful, it's just the prepare themself for next gen :)

Ps: Wii is selling because of wii sports, never forget that. Xbox360 also has a lot of hardware issues, the console it self is down right ugly compared to the casual design of the wii, the name wii makes it sell better, xbox360 makes a lot of noise, it has a nerd label by the casuals(I don't agree on this, but that's what a lot of casuals think), wii has Awesome first party games, there's good 3rd party support on the wii the fact that you wan't to ignore that doesn't matter, casual gamers don't give a f- about good graphics........

The wii also has Mario, xbox360 has... Master Chief? I'll bet he appeal to the casuals....

The Duck Hunt gun was quite popular? Me personally also had the Nintendo Bazooka! :D

You can also call the balance board quite popular, but it still doesn't support a lot of games... And wow a Nintendo Bazooka? :O I really need to learn up on my hilarious add on history XD

Around the Network

Epic! Cant remember what games it was used for though?!

ZenfoldorVGI said:
shio said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

@shio

PC gaming isn't cheaper, that's a laugh.

I paid 1200 dollars for my rig.

I pay relative premium prices for content and games, just like on 360.

Difference is, I can't rent a PC game. I can't buy a used PC game.

I also buy my PC and console games off ebay. There is virtually no price difference.

Plus, I often have to upgrade things for my PC. I can pay 199 for a 360 and be set for 10 years. Don't even need to buy Gold to chat with my friends(which can be bought for about 30 dollars a year, now, btw).

For savvy consumers:

A. Games cost the same.
B. The platform costs much, much more for PC gaming.
C. You can't rent PC games.
D. Never have to upgrade a console.
E. Online is much cheaper than most people like to assume on the 360.

Sure, you can cut your price, buy a crap computer, and play HD games to some lesser extent...but you would still pay more for a gaming PC capable of playing the types of games that matter, and you sacrifice the used and rental market.

Calling it cheaper is just your pro PC spin, sir.

Dude, PC games are infinitely cheaper than console games. They are released atleast $10 cheaper and drop price much faster, and there are far more PC games deals/promotions that rules, especially with the rise of Digital Distribution. For example, the 2K HUGE GAME PACK on Steam has 20 games on it and costs only $54:

BioShock
Civilization IV
Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword
Civilization IV: Warlords
Civilization IV: Colonization
Civilization III Complete
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Shattered Union
Prey
CivCity: Rome
Sid Meier's Railroads!
Railroad Tycoon 3
Railroad Tycoon II Platinum
X-COM: Terror From the Deep
X-COM: Apocalypse
X-COM: Interceptor
X-COM: UFO Defense
X-COM: Enforcer
Freedom Force
Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1764/

For less than a full-priced console game you get 20 PC games, which includes Bioshock, Civilization IV + all expansions, the entire X-Com series, Freedom Force, Pirates, etc...

ZenfoldorVGI said:
dcIKeeL said:
@shio

Where do you get the statistic of 300 million pc gamers...

Everyone who runs an OS is a PC gamer because they play mindsweeper. The number of PC HD capable gamers is far less.

Well, DFC only estimated PC Online Players, that means only PC gamers that played online at some point(which should be pretty much all of them), so the minesweeper crowd only count if they played online also.

dcIKeeL said:
PC HD gamers are the only pc gamers that matter.

Obviously those gamers is what shio was refering to. If he was including...mindsweeper I won't waste my time ever replying back, he'd make my case.

I'm talking about PC gamers that give revenue to the industry, doesn't matter if they they have good or poor PCs for gaming. And dude, all PC gamers are HD gamers...

You are wrong about the price.

A. You give no mention to the used or rental market, yet you play up Steam.

B. You claim that game bundles on Steam give you value for the price, despite the fact that consoles have game bundles as well, like the Sega collection. Truth is, that is a loophole to make it look like PC gaming is very cheap.

C. You act like initial investment doesn't matter, no matter how expensive it is.

D. You claim that new PC games are vastly cheaper than console games, which just isn't true. You can buy console games used, days after release, for much cheaper than the still 49.99 new PC counterpart. Fact.

E. You can't resell your PC games and get as much or more money back as you paid for them.

F. I bought my PC with money from console games I resold. I sold ICO to a member of this forum for 50 dollars. I played nearly every game on Xbox 360 and made money out of the deal.

G. You can make money on console gaming, and still play everything. Period. Fact. It's called "buy cheap, sell high" or "buy used, resurface, sell new in box"

I mean, am I wrong shio?

I disagree with you. For me, PC gaming is much more expensive, and less flexable than Console gaming, which is entirely dependant on my Ebaying skills, borrowing games from my friends, and renting them off gamefly for 10 dollars a month.

When you can rent PC games via gamefly, when you can lend them out, when you can buy them used, and you aren't restricted to the price the developers decided to charge, then it will be competitive in price. Right now, there is a reason the games launch 10 dollars cheaper. Nobody would ever buy them if they didn't. Lack of used and rental market is also why Steam has to keep its promotions so amazing. PC gaming is expensive. Console gaming is cheap.

Seriously.

You are right about a lot of stuff, but not this time.

A. PC gamers traditionally keep their games because you can get PC games so cheap that you can save even more money than buying then selling console games. And you even get to keep your PC game.
There is a used market for PC games: online auctions and some used game sales in a few stores anyway. Used market has never been strong on PC.

B. Dude, don't compare the Sega bundle with the 2K HUGE GAMES PACK. First, because the games in the sega bundle have badly aged in gameplay, which is now severely outdated and holds no value in the current age of games (you can get better, free games on PC than in the Sega bundle) but nostalgia, except maybe Sonic3, Gain Ground, Ecco and Comix Zone. It's like comparing the best 90's US movies with the best 80's Spanish movies.

Atleast in the 2K HUGE PACK you get games that hold great on their gameplay, aesthetics, or some other elements.

C. The initial investment doesn't matter much if you're going to save more money on games.

D. I heard retailers barely cut their price on used games, and if you sell them a still full-priced they'll put the game on $55 as used. And to be honest, if you only buy used games means you don't buy new games that support developers.

E. Irrelevant argument.

F. So what about the guy that bought ICO for $50? So what about the developer that doesn't get any money? The amount of people that buy old, used games at that price is so small that it doesn't make much impact. The thing is, with those $50 he could've bought a pack that seperately was worth over $230 on PC

G. I can also pirate PC games and I don't waste a cent, since we're not caring about supporting developers. I atleast buy them cheap new copies: $5 for Bioshock, $5 for all 3 Penumbra games, $5 World of Goo, $7.50 both Max Payne games, $1 Half-Life, etc...

You know you're in trouble when DLC is the highlight of the year for your console, as is a game called '1 vs 100.'

Let me show you why they call me the velour fog. Hit it.

I met her in a club down in old Soho,

Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like coca cola,

C-o-l-a, cola.

She, walked up to me and she asked me to dance,

I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said;

Leela, L-e-e-l-a, Leela, Lee, Lee, Lee, Leela

Leeeeeeeelaaaaaaaa

LordMatrix said:
Aldro said:
Garnett said:

@Aldro  L4D is a new franchise regardless when you gotten your Xbox 360,So is Uncharted.

Yeah but lets say I have L4D on my PC.

I get the X360 months later, and L4D 2 is announced.

OH Sorry I mean a new IP not a new franchise XD.(Thats a diffrence right?).

Like Infamous, LBP, L4D (When first released), Uncharted(When first released and not Uncharted 2).

I want a game that is like completely new you know? Something that I can jump into without it beeing any previous games. It can have a sequel/prequel in the future atleast ive played the first game when it just came out. And since I do have L4D on PC it would only make sence for me to get L4D 2 on PC aswell as I tried the demo on the X360 and I sucked on aiming XD.

Looked at sig... ooook? Seriously man if you that ashamed to be an Xbox 360 owner give it to somebody who isn't a fanboy. A true gamer will not be ashamed of having a X360 even if it is not there preferred system just because it means simply more games they can play. You seem to frawn upon the idea of having one at all. As for brand new ip titles their will be plenty. This just isn't a big year for new ip titles on any system. Wait till next year for some big ones. Judging by your avatar you like shooters and there are plenty of them to choose from on X360 along with alot of nice action titles and so on. Sorry to see you UNFORTUNATELY do not enjoy a sytem with one of the best library of games in recent years.

Ill die before getting anymore shooters. CoD 4, KZ2, Hell even MGO, Warhawk (I count that), Gears 2 , Halo 3, Haze(Yeah XD).

THE ONLY shooter I will get this generation left will maybe be M.A.G if it turns out to big due to the 256 idea. Im just sold on it. I wont even be getting CoD 2 even though I have epic love for the first game. I simply dont want to use guns shooting people anymore, I don't...

Only game im still playing that is a shooter is KZ2. Hence my avatar.

''more games they CAN play''

Ofcourse CAN play, but what about WANT to play? I dont want to play anything on it not even Gears 2 or Halo 3. I just don't see why I should keep it unless there came a new IP which I would get an interest too. I hoped for E3 to make that happen but it didnt.

Theres just two reason atm that im gonna keep it

1) My idiotic friends who are taking them ages to get a PS3 XD.

2) Splintercell looked pretty neat im gonna keep an eye on that one aswell.

Best library of games is a taste matter. Since PS3 was my launch console I actually disagree 100%. In my opinion that has the best library as I choose quality over quantity (Thats my opinion, While you probably do the opposite).

For any system not a big year for new IPs?

Did we just miss Infamous or something? Heavy Rain(Even though I got no check on that game). Hell even M.A.G :/. Theres probably a few for X360 too but nothing that im hearing of as much as these three were discussed. Couldnt they announce something new on E3 instead of a sequel/prequel/something we already expected? And dont u dare give me Natal as I will PC game once every console gets its motion sensor and use it as often as the Wii does. Im just happy PS3s dildo controller wasnt talked more then 5 minutes while Natal was discussed for about a half an hour which felt like an hour to me.

Im just a fanboy who worships the PS3 and wished for a new IP on the X360. But no worries ill just wait and play my PS3 + some games Im not fond of with my friends on the X360 until that happends. Hopefully Splintercell will be as sweet as the video we saw on E3.

You're off your chum.