By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Mechwarrior 5 [Rumored] in the making?

Yes its a repost, but a repost in the correct forum. view the new trailer here: http://media.pc.ign.com/media/018/018954/vids_1.html

MechWarrior 5 in the Making?

Teaser trailer hints at potential addition to franchise.

July 7, 2009 - Could a new MechWarrior game be in development? Signs seem to point to yes, with a recent teaser trailer being released on the Internets. Voodoo Extreme posted a short nine second trailer that shows off a city street and a number of slick looking sports cars. The street starts to vibrate as a stomping sound can be overheard, and shortly thereafter, what looks like a mech leg crunches into view. The video then ends as debris is propelled from the ground due to the impact.

Could this video show the new MechWarrior game?

If this is indeed a new MechWarrior game, it would be huge for fans of the franchise, who have been waiting for a true sequel to MechWarrior 4: Vengeance. While the last expansion pack for that game was released in 2002, fans were hoping for more from the FASA Interactive/Microsoft partnership, which unfortunately fell apart. With FASA Interactive officially dead, the rights to the MechWarrior franchise were acquired by Smith and Tinker, which was founded by FASA founder Jordan Weisman. This acquisition, along with the teaser trailer, indicates that the series could potentially be gearing up once again. Also, considering that the article mentions Piranha games, it indicates that Smith and Tinker have formed a partnership to work on the game, which should be promising for mech fans. Piranha has some experience with gigantic robots, having just finished work on the recently released Transformer games.

It would be a vast visual overhaul from MechWarrior 4: Vengeance.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

The one thing I didnt like about the video was the cars, I thought I remember all of the cars being hovercars and not on tires, but I could be wrong.

Despite being the biggest fan of Mechwarrior on this website, I will not get my hopes up.

How are you the biggest fan of MechWarrior on this site? Is that a self given title

Vetteman94 said:
How are you the biggest fan of MechWarrior on this site? Is that a self given title

Umm, are you sure he didn't mean biggest as in the largest?

Of course, I'm just kidding WoW.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Wow, that pic is scary. And you could be right

outlawauron said:
Vetteman94 said:

Umm, are you sure he didn't mean biggest as in the largest?

Could be. He's 5'10". That's pretty fucking huge compared to Squilliam!

Vetteman94 said:

As the biggest fan of Mechwarrior here, I am the only one qualified to give myself such a title.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Vetteman94 said:

As the biggest fan of Mechwarrior here, I am the only one qualified to give myself such a title.

What qualifications do you have?

2000th post

Vetteman94 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Vetteman94 said:

What qualifications do you have?

Qualification 1)  I'm the biggest Mechwarrior fan on vgChartz.