By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tecmo Koei Outlines Strategy For Western Market

I think Marcus would have said, "Anything'll eat shit and die if you bust its head open."

Anyway, I think Quantum looks sweet.

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
So they say that they are going to try to branch out into the west with gamess not for the xbox. So can anybody guess why both koei and tecmo are in financial ruin?

@Xxain
Tecmo still has a two game deal with Microsoft. Both Project Progressive and the next dead or alive are going to be xbox exclusives

dsister why are you callin me out...i haven't said anything

Xxain said:
dsister44 said:
So they say that they are going to try to branch out into the west with gamess not for the xbox. So can anybody guess why both koei and tecmo are in financial ruin?

@Xxain
Tecmo still has a two game deal with Microsoft. Both Project Progressive and the next dead or alive are going to be xbox exclusives

Your negative VG$ makes you an easy target.

Xxain said:
dsister44 said:

@Xxain

I looked at the first page, and saw someone say that all their games are going multiplatform and i saw you posted.Then i went to the seccond page and made my post. I should probably apologize, but I am lazy

Vetteman94 said:
badgenome said:
Vetteman94 said:
kiefer23 said:
Quite funny how they brag about going multiplatform yet every game mentioned in that article is exclusive to either Playstation 3 or the Wii.

The Xbox 360 will have little support from Tecmo now considering Itagaki has left.

What do they do once he leaves? Develops an Enhanced port of Ninja Gaiden II and a Gears of War Rip off "Quantum" exclusively the Playstation 3.

So every TPS with a cover system is a Gears of War ripoff???

No, just every TPS with a cover system and a gruff, overly muscular protagonist and a health regeneration system which involves a red indicator in the center of your screen.

Thanks for clearing that up, but I still dont see how that makes it a Gears rip-off

Then you have either

a) never seen any screens or videos of Quantum, or

b) never played Gears

It's so similar that if I were Epic I'd be considering a trademark infringement suit.

Around the Network
kiefer23 said:
Vetteman94 said:
kiefer23 said:
Quite funny how they brag about going multiplatform yet every game mentioned in that article is exclusive to either Playstation 3 or the Wii.

The Xbox 360 will have little support from Tecmo now considering Itagaki has left.

What do they do once he leaves? Develops an Enhanced port of Ninja Gaiden II and a Gears of War Rip off "Quantum" exclusively the Playstation 3.

Research Quantum some more before posting a such a stupid response.

First of the character looks and sounds similar to Marcus Fenix..

The gameplay is the same except you can climb up walls on Quantum..

The interface bears a striking resemblence except the gun is on the right handside. Even the gun on the interface looks alot like the hammerburst and as one of the previous posters mentioned they use exactly the same health indication system.

Screenshot of interface..

http://www.strategyinformer.com/ps3/quantum/screenshot-viewer.html?id=231364

Even the EDGE magazine stated it was very similar to Gears of War when they previewed it at E3 and wrote about it in their latest Magazine. I'll type what they wrote. 

I've never seen a tower this big" begins Marcus Fenix, fresh from abamdoining the Gears Of War series to star in Tecmo's upcoming Quantum. Shrugging off all traces of the past, his name's now Syd and he no longer wears a Bandana. But it's him, all right, you just have to listen: "Anything'll die if you bust its head open!"

Quantum takes place in a 'living' tower, with Syd working ever upwards through its gigantic, chitinous interiors. The Tecmo reps were keen on the 'living battlefield' soundbite, but what this seems to mean is that stairs and cover spots move around a bit. More promising is Syd's acrobatic touch: he can climb elements of the scenery and shoot while doing so, suggesting a vertical element to levels (which sadly wasn't on show)

And what of the remaining Gears? Well, Cole Train gets killed in the opening cutscene, which rather soured our mood, and Dom... well, after his wife died, Dom's had a sex change. It's worked out quite well, tough, and you can't even see the stiches on the blade=wielding Fillena. Both have their own reasons for being in the tower, and Fillena - currently AI, though hold your breath for the co-op 'reveal' can team up with Syd for melee attacks or just get thrown in the direction of enemies to do some slicing and dicing.

The debt that Quantum ownes to Epic's title, from the merchanics to the visuals, isn't so unusual - but it's rarely so overwheliming. To look on the bright side, if Tecmo gets close to its insipritation then this will be a very good cover shooter indeed, and of a type that Playstation 3 currently lacks. Early next year we'll find out.

--------

Either way, to me the game looks terrible. Gears of War 1 had better graphics and looked more polished. I'm sure Xbox owners aren't missing out on much and I'm willing to bet the game will suck.

You should follow your own advice.

You are right about him looking like Marcus Fenix though,  I mean the emo look with the extreme amount of tattoos that Marcus was sporting in Gears was incredible looking.  How could I even mistake the two.   And and dont forget the generic tough guy voice that they Marcus/Syd uses.  Please.

The basic gameplay is the same, but you could argue that the basic gameplay of Unchared and Gears are the same as well.  But after the basics it stops,  with the partner abilities you will have and the climbing of walls will make it very different, and that is just of the abilities we know about.   

How in the hell does the interface look the same?   I think you need to look at the pictures yourself,  and BTW,  the guns are on the right side for both games.  Have you even played Gears 1&2?  

So because one magazine said its basically Gears of War with the same characters, one without a bandana and one with a sex change I should beleive them? 

Way to save face on the last part,  the game isnt finished so it could end up more polished and with better graphics than Gears 1&2. As for your last point, what you are saying is that a game, in your eyes, that looks very similar to 2 of the greatest games on the 360, is nothing 360 fans should worry about not having?  

The funny part is I was actually being sarcastic with my last post, but after the stupidity rolled in here and decided to attack me I have has a change of heart.

De85 said:
Vetteman94 said:
badgenome said:
Vetteman94 said:
kiefer23 said:

No, just every TPS with a cover system and a gruff, overly muscular protagonist and a health regeneration system which involves a red indicator in the center of your screen.

Thanks for clearing that up, but I still dont see how that makes it a Gears rip-off

Then you have either

b) never played Gears

It's so similar that if I were Epic I'd be considering a trademark infringement suit.

Thats odd,  I have 3 trailers of Quantum loaded onto my PS3 and I own both Gears of War 1&2.  So what am I missing?

BTW dont go to Law School, because you would fail. 

Vetteman94 said:
De85 said:
Vetteman94 said:
badgenome said:
Vetteman94 said:
kiefer23 said:

Then you have either

b) never played Gears

Thats odd,  I have 3 trailers of Quantum loaded onto my PS3 and I own both Gears of War 1&2.  So what am I missing?

BTW dont go to Law School, because you would fail. 

Well Gears has coop... so I could see why you don't see any similarities...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)