By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 price drop (60 euros) coming at the end of august !!!

Well.. if it's true they will announce it at Leipig Game Convention.. can't wait for that!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Well my PS3 has 4 USB Ports last time i checked, but then again it was a tweaked Bundled Model, i think motorstorm at the time so...

I Assume Standard models still use 2 USB ports?

If so... Wow... only 1 = Fail. hope this is fake.

Didn't even the ps2 have two USB ports? I don't see why the ps3 wouldn't, slim or not.

Plus, two was bad enough when it came to things like Rock Band. Having just one.... it would suck having to constantly switch what's using the slot depending on whether you need to charge a controller, your headset, etc.

As for an August price cut, that would fit the various rumors floating around about a price cut in time for Madden.  Of course, this rumor could simply be a re-telling of that rumor.

This site is crap, I don't believe it, 1 USB port....

NiKKoM said:
Well.. if it's true they will announce it at Leipig Game Convention.. can't wait for that!

Leipzig Games Convention doesn't exist anymore, it has spawned the Gamescom which will take place for the first time in Cologne. Unlike Games Convention which was mainly aimed toward gamers, Gamescom will have the same prerogatives as E3 and TGS (business center and press/gamers conference). 

Around the Network

@mm476: Doesn't the PS3 support USB hubs? Then of course the price is PS3 price + USB hub price, but hey, at least it works.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Squilliam said:
Staude said:
Squilliam said:

How will people be able to play Tekken 6 with two low latency USB fight sticks if the console only has ONE!!! ONE USB!!!!

Btw, where can I find the Euro and Pound sign on an American style keyboard? Its like foreign currencies don't exist!

How ? It's Called.. BLU RAY !  Firin ma lazah ! Blue Tooth ! And by that I don't mean harold Bluetooth the viking, Nay ! I mean the low latency signal that ps3 controllers use... 1 Usb port will indeed suck though..

It doesn't affect me though, my ps3 has 4 and I don't use fight sticks to play tekken.. I prefere the controller :X !1

It probably depends on who made the keyboard.. You should be able to find the american patriotism sign somewhere on it.. and it should be at a level between 1 and 5. At level 5 the keyboard also makes a waving sound when you use it and has the same colours as the american flag. Some also comes with a eagle. At 1 it should include currency signs you've never even heard of.. such as this :

On another unrelated note:

http://www.somethingawful.com/flash/shmorky/babby.swf

I know it's old, but it's unrelated so it's ok.

On another related note: 60 euro is closer to 100 dollars than 50.

This apple fantastic keyboard doesn't do Euro or Pound, has it got something to do with Macs being Pounded in Europe for not being cool enough to justify the high(er) price charged with both a Euro tax and a Mac tax? It does do ^^^^^^^^ and %%%%% and ((((((( and ))))))) &&&&&&& &&&&&&& or something like that. What level is it?

60 Euros may be closer to $100 but its also closer to BETRAYAL of the Sony fans that 100 Euro is.

You bring up a insteresting 2 point point. Or as some would say, two interesting points.. but those are the ones we shush.

I believe apple is measured by a different scale then regular. It depends two things. The amount of apples you eat on a weekly average x how much you watch hypnotoad

Hypnotoad is possibly sponsered by apple in the future which is why it's a valid part of the calculation.

You then divide that with the amount of windows supporting products you have and that calculation can be used the same way as the previous one..

Ofcourse there is also the other way of going on google to which the answer is 42

"£ press down and release the Num Lock key located in the upper left part of the number pad on the right side of your keyboard so that the LED above is lit and release that key. Then hold down the Alt key and type 156 using that number pad.

If you go to an online ASCII table such as, http://www.asciitable.com/ then you can find a fairly comprehensive list of other characters such as ∞, π, the degree symbolº, and their key combinations."

After reading it.. I've somehow become convinced that my solution might be the easier one.. That is rediculously difficult. Wow I'm in shock and awe.

Onto your other part of the point of interest in which you raised prior to my messege. In reality you can't compare it to how much it is because everyone just equals it over.. if it's 400 dollars it's 400 euro.. and somehow 400 pounds.. That's how the easy world of crasy financial people work.. I presume taxes are involved but again.. It's a shame that doesn't make them go with 400 KR.. Would save me some money.

So in short. While it is close to 100 dollars in comparison to the american prices it's more like 40-50.

Check out my game about moles ^

You guys just can't figure the massive cost saving that is producing a single USB port instead of two.

Dgc1808 said:
.... a Single USB port??? That wouldn't work for me me.... 4 isn't even enough...

funny... i have 4 and only use 1 ... you always can use a hub...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

FootballFan said:
how much is 60 euros? in £? Because you get get a PS3 for £280. Its proabably cheaper to import even with this price cut.

50£

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4