By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How about an attach rate chart?

to see how well attach rate does in total and over time?

Around the Network

Pfft. Now that would NOT be easy to do. I personally wouldn't know where to start with regards to this.

Good to see this site is still going 

How bout adding all sales to date on a console and then dividing that by the total number of consoles sold to date. Not a hard thing to do when you have Excel or equivalent.

January 07 PS3: 2.7 Wii: 2.2 February 07 PS3: 3.4 Wii: 3.6 I am sorry I do not have 360 numbers. Numbers supposedly com from NPD Fungroup. If anyone can get thier hands on the complete official data , please post.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Auriel said: How bout adding all sales to date on a console and then dividing that by the total number of consoles sold to date. Not a hard thing to do when you have Excel or equivalent.
Like this? http://entroper.no-ip.org/Pictures/SoftwareAttachRates.png The "Wii SW(2)" column is sales of Wii software with Wii Sports subtracted, so that the attach rate reflects actual software SKUs purchased. I'll do one for Japan if there's enough interest. EDIT: Picture was too big, posted a link instead.

Around the Network

staticneuron said: January 07 PS3: 2.7 Wii: 2.2 February 07 PS3: 3.4 Wii: 3.6 I am sorry I do not have 360 numbers. Numbers supposedly com from NPD Fungroup. If anyone can get thier hands on the complete official data , please post.
Those numbers seem to be Monthly software/Monthly consoles, but I always thought it was Total software/Total consoles, which makes more sense. If you use the numbers on this site then you get the following 360 - 5.3 PS3 - 2.3 Wii - 3.7 So for every 360 owner, he/she owns 5.3 games.. compared to 2.3 games for every PS3 user. Just use a calculator..

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Just use a calculator..
I know. I have. I'm just lazy and don't want to do it over and over and over again. Also, it would be cool if the console comparison can also add attach rate. I can imagine interesting patterns emerging from the data

auroragb said: Just use a calculator.. I know. I have. I'm just lazy and don't want to do it over and over and over again. Also, it would be cool if the console comparison can also add attach rate. I can imagine interesting patterns emerging from the data
I went ahead and did it anyway, what can I say, I have a lot of time on my hands on Fridays. http://entroper.no-ip.org/Pictures/CumSoftAttachNA.png http://entroper.no-ip.org/Pictures/CumSoftAttachJapan.png

Quartz said: Pfft. Now that would NOT be easy to do. I personally wouldn't know where to start with regards to this.
Depends what you mean by 'attachment' rate. 1) Some people will have more than one current generation console. 2) You're making data based on sales only. 3) Making data based on sales only does not reflect on what each person is playing the most hence 'attach'. 4) Even if you asked pepole who had 1 console or more, which they played on the most. The chances are they will say 1 console over the other just because they have been playing the latest game on that 1 console recently. Basically I'm saying 'How many hours does one play on a certain console' which would reflect true 'attach rate'. However getting data for that would be almost impossible hence my first reply. Feel free to tell me if I'm going into too much depth here! Phew...

Good to see this site is still going 

Quartz said: Depends what you mean by 'attachment' rate.
Attach rate is a business term that represents the number of additional SKUs you can 'attach' to a main SKU. So if you sell an Xbox 360 with three games, your software attach rate is 3. At launch, this is something you can measure based only on sales data. After launch, new games will come out, and there will be people buying software who already have a 360, but you can still measure essentially the average number of games sold per console. If you do it cumulatively, you see how many games the average owner of that console owns. That's what's shown in those two charts I posted.