By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Analysis: X360 underachieving and why it won't get a price-cut in 2009

No, Kynes, for some reason this guy is banned (pro Sony posts / threads I guess) and he keeps coming back with another login.

Around the Network
gebx said:
Dno said:

wow i just read everything in this post and lemme tell you xbox fanboys are going crazy lol.

The price cut helped a lot lol thats a fact. But a Sony price cut or a wii to $200 will do more...i think thats what the OP is trying to say and i agree.

Is M$ price cut a failure? Absolutely not... but is it the end all be all? also absolutely not.

So you disagree with "The"? He says the price cut was a failure.

I think i was very clear with what i agree with and what idont agree with...

rodrz34 said:
No, Kynes, for some reason this guy is banned (pro Sony posts / threads I guess) and he keeps coming back with another login.

No, this guy is permabanned because he did spread fud, and when got a temporal ban, used an alternate id which is forbidden by the forum rules. And it's very possible that you are the same guy. You created the account when "he" was banned, and post in the same way. You should be careful, I'm sure the mods have an eye on you.

Yeah, I guess anything that is not MS fanboy crap is FUD on this website...

On Neogaf though (a much bigger website), gamers generally prefer the PS3and MS fanboys are banned... Internet circus I guess.

rodrz34 said:

On Neogaf though (a much bigger website), gamers generally prefer the PS3and MS fanboys are banned... Internet circus I guess.

No, saying "It's so hard to sell more when you release one year before and with a 40 % failure rate that makes people buy 5 consoles" is to spread FUD. At least you should learn maths, if the failure rate were of 40%, and if it weren't covered by guaranty, you have a possibility of a 1,024% of having 5 consoles fail on you. Very improbable. That's with that 40% that it's on the high side (Possible in the initial models, improbable since the 65nm models)

If you do the maths with a failure rate of a 20%, much more realistic, you have a possibility of a 0,032%, 3 persons of each 10000 would have 5 consoles fail on them.

Around the Network
Kynes said:
rodrz34 said:

No, saying "It's so hard to sell more when you release one year before and with a 40 % failure rate that makes people buy 5 consoles" is to spread FUD. At least you should learn maths, if the failure rate were of 40%, and if it weren't covered by guaranty, you have a possibility of a 1,024% of having 5 consoles fail on you. Very improbable. That's with that 40% that it's on the high side (Possible in the initial models, improbable since the 65nm models)

If you do the maths with a failure rate of a 20%, much more realistic, you have a possibility of a 0,32%, 3 persons of each 1000 would have 5 consoles fail on them.

Wow, that quote by rodrz34 sounds almost identical to something I heard Tim_Duncan/Tony_Parker/Manu_Ginobili say!  All 4 of them seem to think this website is ruled by MS fanboys when it couldn't be further from the truth and I definitely remember seeing almost that exact quote about Neogaf from Tim_Duncan or one of his alts.

EDIT:  I guess he was an alt or just quickly deserving of a permaban.... http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=48948

@ nightsurge: That quote was by Tony_parker, I was trying to explain why he was spreading FUD.

Kynes said:
@ nightsurge: That quote was by Tony_parker, I was trying to explain why he was spreading FUD.

I meant the part about Neogaf.

This all gets traced back to Tim_Duncan.  Tony_Parker was a replacement for him, just as Manu_Ginobili was a replacement for Tony_Parker and now this rodrz34 (which by the way the original Tim_Duncan claimed to be 34 and all three names with underscores are Spurs basketball players).  I have a feeling VGChartz has got itself a case of a deranged fanboy using proxies to troll as much as possible.

@Kynes : It was humor, so of course it was FUD... Seems clear to me that was intended to be fun. The post was clearly sarcastic / humoristic. The 360 failure rate is still fairly high and many people bought several consoles, THAT is clearly true though.

"PS3 is doomed" while being serious on the other hand is spreading FUD. But strangely enough, nobody says anything about those threads. Insulting Sony fans seems ok too. Double standard ?

banjokazoo said:
@Kynes : It was humor, so of course it was FUD... Seems clear to me that was intended to be fun. The post was clearly sarcastic / humoristic. The 360 failure rate is still fairly high and many people bought several consoles, THAT is clearly true though.

"PS3 is doomed" while being serious on the other hand is spreading FUD. But strangely enough, nobody says anything about those threads. Double standard ?

Here we go again. If you have such a high perception of neogaf, why don't you go to troll there?