By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Analysis: X360 underachieving and why it won't get a price-cut in 2009

^ Actually the french were responsible for many of the innovations that collectively taken as a whole spawned the internet.

Tease.

Around the Network

But the internet uses british technology (phone lines, fibre-optics, computer) juct duct taped together. sort of like the wii (couldn't resist)

The US brought peace? where?
Slightly off topic but I do laugh when Yanks have a go at the French and expect them to be grateful for WW2 (like they were the only ones there or first there or the biggest contributors) when the French are the reason America exist.

You don't think it was Americans that won the Revolutionary war do you?
"the United States of America, claiming sovereignty and rejecting any allegiance to the British monarchy. In 1777 the Continentals captured a British army, leading to France entering the war on the side of the Americans in early 1778, and evening the military strength with Britain. Spain and the Dutch Republic – French allies – also went to war with Britain over the next two years.

Throughout the war, the British were able to use their naval superiority to capture and occupy coastal cities, but control of the countryside (where 90% of the population lived) largely eluded them due to their relatively small land army. French involvement proved decisive, with a French naval victory in the Chesapeake leading at Yorktown in 1781 to the surrender of a second British army. In 1783, the Treaty of Paris ended the war and recognized the sovereignty of the United States over the territory bounded by what is now Canada to the north, Florida to the south, and the Mississippi River to the west."

I realise that they don't like putting that in Hollywood films due to anti-french attitudes so people probably didn't know they saved their arses.

Still no matter what DeGaul or Sarkozy do you can't hate an entire nation for over 60 years because of that. Truth is they told you the war in Iraq was wrong and they didn't like that as it went against the ridiculous antics and attitude of Bush

The anti french attitude in America goes further than just hating their leaders (who at least have the balls to stand up to them) but to anything french. Had some freedom fries lately?

Obviously this doesn't ring true for a lot of Yanks but enough.
I don't mind taking the piss out of them but I do think it's going too far.

I've never had real any problem with people both countries in person only those online and US stereotyping which extends to the media.

When I want a good laugh I watch Fox news.

I think those from America that travel have a clearer picture of the world and are more respectful. Travelling makes them easier to talk to and gives them a better reputation.

Unlike us Brits abroad.

Now thats embarressing.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I have read all of that and I can't find any holes in your analysis and conclusions. Good job.

There are a number of holes in both.

The console has 30% higher sales in a 4 month period than in the previous 8. It increased overall hardware revenue by $150,000,000 in HALF the time, despite dropping the price. That's underachieving?

Jereel Hunter said:
RolStoppable said:
I have read all of that and I can't find any holes in your analysis and conclusions. Good job.

There are a number of holes in both.

The console has 30% higher sales in a 4 month period than in the previous 8. It increased overall hardware revenue by $150,000,000 in HALF the time, despite dropping the price. That's underachieving?

Yes, b/c anything can be underachieving if you set your expectations high enough.   For example, the Wii is underachieving b/c it doesn't have 100% market share, that is the ridiculously high bar I have set for it, so now I can troll it until it reaches that goal.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Thats so boring! Lets be honest who is gonna want a 360 with the wii around?

Its the buz console that eveyone wanted!

I think iys overachived it hasnt faded away too nothing! And the 360 has a brighter future than any other console on the market!

In my opinion, the PS3 has the brightest future due to having more studios and more content.

All the consoles have a bright future though.

Manu_Ginobili said:
In my opinion, the PS3 has the brightest future due to having more studios and more content.

All the consoles have a bright future though.

The entire Spurs roster is now fan of the PS3?