By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Faulty Wii Motion Pluses in the U.K.?

tuoyo said:
amp316 said:

My win loss ratio is above .500 against tuoyo so I am also better than him according to the statistics.  If this thread has proven anything it's that I am obsessed with statisitics.  The room that I play my Wii has about ten feet by four feet that are free which would mean that I have a little, but not much, more free space than you.  We do feet and not meters.

Japan is ranked 49th.  (W 1610,  L 2103, points 523)  Apparently no one in Japan has bought the game.

I think it just proves you are better at driving in second place and then when I get hit by a blue shell on the final lap you overtake and say you won.  I call it being luckier not being better    .  Anyway I think I have improved since then.  We should arrange a match up sometime to see who is the best.  I think I am number 1 on VGChartz and about number 3 in the whole wide world.

I have loads of space to play so that is not the explanation for my being totally crap in GST.

An individual that I won't name actually accused me of doing this as a strategy when I'd race Roland.  Waiting for the blue shell to hit someone in order to overtake them is not my thing.  The truth is that I was always trying to catch him and usually couldn't.  I don't fall behind in order to get items either.  People that use "strategies" in Mario Kart are losers.  I need to practice a little bit before I play you.  You probably would kill me right now since I haven't been playing.  I think that you might be number one on VGChartz in your own mind and that you might have the 3rd biggest mouth in the world.  LOL 

So what is your explanation for being total crap at GST?  Is it really a faulty WM+ or what?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:
tuoyo said:
amp316 said:

My win loss ratio is above .500 against tuoyo so I am also better than him according to the statistics.  If this thread has proven anything it's that I am obsessed with statisitics.  The room that I play my Wii has about ten feet by four feet that are free which would mean that I have a little, but not much, more free space than you.  We do feet and not meters.

Japan is ranked 49th.  (W 1610,  L 2103, points 523)  Apparently no one in Japan has bought the game.

I think it just proves you are better at driving in second place and then when I get hit by a blue shell on the final lap you overtake and say you won.  I call it being luckier not being better    .  Anyway I think I have improved since then.  We should arrange a match up sometime to see who is the best.  I think I am number 1 on VGChartz and about number 3 in the whole wide world.

I have loads of space to play so that is not the explanation for my being totally crap in GST.

An individual that I won't name actually accused me of doing this as a strategy when I'd race Roland.  Waiting for the blue shell to hit someone in order to overtake them is not my thing.  The truth is that I was always trying to catch him and usually couldn't.  I don't fall behind in order to get items either.  People that use "strategies" in Mario Kart are losers.  I need to practice a little bit before I play you.  You probably would kill me right now since I haven't been playing.  I think that you might be number one on VGChartz in your own mind and that you might have the 3rd biggest mouth in the world.  LOL 

So what is your explanation for being total crap at GST?  Is it really a faulty WM+ or what?

Yes true Mario Kart players race fair and clean.  At the start I know someone that is always left behind unfailingly each and every race.  I know it can't be that after over a year of playing the game on a regular basis the person still hasn't learnt how to get a boost start.  Also seen someone use a mushroom and short cut two laps in a row from 1st place, which has to go down as the strangest sight I have ever come across in Mario Kart.  

Lol in my mind and in reality I am the best.  Although I hardly ever win any of the GPs it isn't because I am not the best just that I am very unlucky and others are very lucky or must be cheating.  As an example of how unlucky I often drop from 1st to last place just as I get to the finish line either because of a stupid blue shell or because I am celebrating my victory too early and stop concentrating resulting in me hitting something I shouldn't.

Can't really explain GST.  I haven't played the game for about 2 weeks now.  After I started that thread I decided to move from playing on easy to playing on normal.  I then realised that I was even worse than I thought.  On normal when I hit the ball it hardly ever went out.  It barely ever went where I wanted it to but was at least usually within the court boundaries.  On normal on the other hand 50% of the time the ball would go out.  I was expecting that if I switched to normal the computer players would be more difficult and that would be it.  I did not expect that my shots would develop a terrible accuracy level.  I gave up on the game because it is hard to enjoy something you are crap at. 

It may be possible that I have a faulty Wii Motion Plus but have to wait to try it out with Wii Sports resort.  It is though definitely very strange that the UK has such a low ranking.   

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

I also find it impossible to hold the remote the way EA say is the correct way. For me the only possible way I can hold it is with the front of the remote being the front of the racket and the underside being the back of the racket. That is how we were taught to play Wii Sports and seems the most natural way to hold the remote for me. My holding the remote the wrong way could be my problem and peharps others in the UK also find it hard to adjust to this very un-natural way of holding the remote.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

tuoyo said:
I also find it impossible to hold the remote the way EA say is the correct way. For me the only possible way I can hold it is with the front of the remote being the front of the racket and the underside being the back of the racket. That is how we were taught to play Wii Sports and seems the most natural way to hold the remote for me. My holding the remote the wrong way could be my problem and peharps others in the UK also find it hard to adjust to this very un-natural way of holding the remote.

Tool.

Wii Sports will work the way you claim to hold it, but it works on gestures unlike WM+.... however you were not taught to hold it like that for the game, it also encouraged you to hold it in the same way as Ggrand Slam (it just happens to work ok anyway)

Presumably you watch tennis.... when the opponent is serving, the players generally hold the racquet vertical waiting to choose between back and forehand (some twiddle it round and round, but in a 1-2 seconds while the opponent throws the ball in the air they stop and hold it vertical again)
That is basically what you should be doing in GST.... and Wii Sports Tennis, the starting position for your shots should be you holding the Wii remote pointing toward the TV, with the face buttons pointing upwards, then you pull back left or right to set up a backhand/forehand.

I don't understand how you can find it impossible to hold it like that because it is exactly as it is designed to be held, your fingers underneath, with your thumb on top.

-----

Anyhow... I bought Tiger Woods 10 today, it is pretty awesome, one thing though... the connector bit of Wii Motion + does seem quite loose. The metal bit that fits inside the Wii remote I mean. I suppose it could be intentional as the main body of WM+ is held on tighter by the locked clips, so the metal bit needs a bit of give so that it doesn't snap (whereas the nunchuck slots in and the important metal bit is also what holds it in place, which could be bent with a violent tug)
However I would like to know if you other peoples Wii Motion + is the same.

We're getting closer to the 150 posts...

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
tuoyo said:

Tool.

Wii Sports will work the way you claim to hold it, but it works on gestures unlike WM+.... however you were not taught to hold it like that for the game, it also encouraged you to hold it in the same way as Ggrand Slam (it just happens to work ok anyway)

Presumably you watch tennis.... when the opponent is serving, the players generally hold the racquet vertical waiting to choose between back and forehand (some twiddle it round and round, but in a 1-2 seconds while the opponent throws the ball in the air they stop and hold it vertical again)
That is basically what you should be doing in GST.... and Wii Sports Tennis, the starting position for your shots should be you holding the Wii remote pointing toward the TV, with the face buttons pointing upwards, then you pull back left or right to set up a backhand/forehand.

I don't understand how you can find it impossible to hold it like that because it is exactly as it is designed to be held, your fingers underneath, with your thumb on top.

-----

Anyhow... I bought Tiger Woods 10 today, it is pretty awesome, one thing though... the connector bit of Wii Motion + does seem quite loose. The metal bit that fits inside the Wii remote I mean. I suppose it could be intentional as the main body of WM+ is held on tighter by the locked clips, so the metal bit needs a bit of give so that it doesn't snap (whereas the nunchuck slots in and the important metal bit is also what holds it in place, which could be bent with a violent tug)
However I would like to know if you other peoples Wii Motion + is the same.

I do hold it with my fingers on the button ofcourse.  But how is it natural to swing using the thinest sides of the remote (the sides without buttons) as the front and back of the racket?  What is natural is for the side with the a button to be your forehand and the side with the b button to be your back hand.

tuoyo said:

I do hold it with my fingers on the button ofcourse.  But how is it natural to swing using the thinest sides of the remote (the sides without buttons) as the front and back of the racket?  What is natural is for the side with the a button to be your forehand and the side with the b button to be your back hand.

Well considering it should be how you hold a real tennis racket I don't see the problem.

See Federer here.... see where his finger ends and thumb are, they end on the forehand face of the racket.... thie only difference with this and the Wii remote is if you need to use the A and B-buttons (which I believe you do in GST?) you have to adjust your thumb and index finger slightly differently.

The Wii remote button face if in his grip would be pointing up and left in the photo, so the difference is Federer would have to move his thumb to the right to press the A-button.

TWRoO said:
tuoyo said:

Well considering it should be how you hold a real tennis racket I don't see the problem.

See Federer here.... see where his finger ends and thumb are, they end on the forehand face of the racket.... thie only difference with this and the Wii remote is if you need to use the A and B-buttons (which I believe you do in GST?) you have to adjust your thumb and index finger slightly differently.

The Wii remote button face if in his grip would be pointing up and left in the photo, so the difference is Federer would have to move his thumb to the right to press the A-button.

Eh? No.  Unless I am misunderstanding what EA mean by the side of the remote is the front (which could explain why I am so bad at the game).  In this picture it looks to me like the part he is going to hit the ball with (the part with the big red M in the middle) on the Wii remote would be the part of the remote with the a button.  The other side of the M would on the Wii remote be the side with the B button.  That is what seems like the natural way to hold the Wii remote to play a tennis game.  But to say the side of the Wii remote is the front of the racket means to me that the edges with no buttons is the front and the back of the racket.  That seems totally unnatural because you would not expect the thinnest edges to be the front and back.  That to me is like Federer in this picture having to hit the ball with the thin part of the racket which is alternating between the colours red, cream and wine.  

tuoyo said:
TWRoO said:
tuoyo said:

Eh? No.  Unless I am misunderstanding what EA mean by the side of the remote is the front (which could explain why I am so bad at the game).  In this picture it looks to me like the part he is going to hit the ball with (the part with the big red M in the middle) on the Wii remote would be the part of the remote with the a button.  The other side of the M would on the Wii remote be the side with the B button.  That is what seems like the natural way to hold the Wii remote to play a tennis game.  But to say the side of the Wii remote is the front of the racket means to me that the edges with no buttons is the front and the back of the racket.  That seems totally unnatural because you would not expect the thinnest edges to be the front and back.  That to me is like Federer in this picture having to hit the ball with the thin part of the racket which is alternating between the colours red, cream and wine.  

Errr I think you mistook B for A....

for me it looks like he's hitting with the B button side as in the B is thowards the ground and the A to the sky.... his grip is not different than when standing still. It's on the backhand that your grip changes and you'd hit with the A button side.

edit: (unless you're a lefty...which roger isn't)

I personnaly only played for 2 hours (mostly playing double with my gf who had no WM+), .... I felt like I could not put in the shots I wanted... and while reciving a serve, my racket often started to go sideways while I was waiting, which I understood as loss of synch.... putting the thing upside down for 3 secs did most of the time set it correctly, but the accuracy did not seem to improve. That said, I did manage to break the computer, I'm having trouble getting my own service points :p

I have a French WM+ so I guess i'm not in the batch of faulty ones .... though I kinda think I am (albeit with little play time).

GF loves the game without WM+ nor Nunchuck.... unlike me, the ball doesn't go out at every other shot.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

actually forgot to say... my biggest problem with the game is that with the nunchuck, I press the direction in which I want to hit (reflex) so it makes me run the wrong way or stop my running.... that kinda sucks...
Also I hate how if you run there is no way you can change direction quickly... so that if you anticipate a direction, there is no turning back...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO