By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Unbearable Ads

These ads are getting too damn unbearable now. I got it six times in a row, and it’s still happening whenever I’m trying to type in a forum. I even deleted my browser cookies, seeing if that would help, and it didn’t. That’s why I’m typing it in Microsoft Word and then copy and pasting it. I get about a sentence done and the ad pops up and screws up the page, making me restart. I put up with it happening every now and then, but every freaking time is just ridiculous. I know the moderators have talked about fixing this, and I hope it’s soon. The fun of the site is being ruined by ads that are there just to make money. Sorry for the rant, but these are worse than the “skip this ad” problems.

If I can be helped, I’m using an XP computer right now with IE6.

Around the Network

I just got this ad saying that I had to become some kind of VIP in order to view the "You're banned" page. It wouldn't even let me go back. This is getting ridiculous now

SAme problem here. I get a dragon and its very annoying.

yeah vgchartz 2.0 kinda sux... its like vista aero.. all the gloss but is actually worse than v1.0 :)

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

I keep getting beer ads and I'm still at work in the afternoon. I can't take much more of this!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
Orca_Azure said:

I just got this ad saying that I had to become some kind of VIP in order to view the "You're banned" page. It wouldn't even let me go back. This is getting ridiculous now

I got this too.

But war... war never changes

It does piss me off sometimes but because this site is great i can live with it.

*gives self pat on the back*

I'm glad the ads are gone. YAY!!!!!!!

Complaining on the forums will get you no where. Take a screen shot of the problem ad and e-mail it to admin@vgchartz.com Include information on what region you are from and how the ad is broken.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)