By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who is Sony's Mascot in Your Opinion

For playstation it is very different because they have fan bases from many different genres instead of just a couple of games....ie mario zelda etc for nintendo and halo gears for x360

playstation has HEAPS
nathan
crash
kratos
jak and daxter
ratchet
etc etc

Predictions

GT5 will sell 3.2million + first week on ps3 (made 06 March 2010)

FFXIII Versus will have higher Metacritic scores than FFXIII after the first month.... Bet going on with perpride - loser changes sig for a month

KH3 will be PS3 EXCLUSIVE - willing to bet removal from vgchartz for a month

Around the Network

Err....

Zelda/link(tpa, I suppose)
Metroid( Has done a lot of genres already lol)
Mario( platformer)
Donkey Kong (Platformer? Haven't played donkey kong in ages)
Little Mac( boxing)
Ike/Marth(strategy)
Mii's (casual)
Travis( Beat m up)
Star Fox
Pokémon--> Let's take Pickachu as most famous one? (RPG)
etc etc

okay if were going by generation for ps1 its between spyro, crash and cloud, these charachters have become massive icons of gaming, people to these day still remember them despite crash and spryo games being mediocre now, ps2 in my eyes doesnt really have a mascot because of its breadth of 3rd party exclusives it had, perhaps kratos and ratchet would be the best mascots of sony in t he ps2 era.

now currently i would want it to be nathan drake because he is an awesome charachter who appeals to all thanks to his good sense of humor and his action adventure heroics. i appreciate the fact sony tryed to market sackboy as a mascot to appeal to younger and family friendly audiances but sackboy isnt as an appealing charachter as nathan drake so id choose him for this generation

Samus Aran said:
stewroids said:
Samus Aran said:
vitoxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
snake, i know that hes been on xbox and GC but those games sucked, he only shines on playstation.

He's been on wii as well and that game is one of the best this gen. He even wanted to eat Yoshi and do mature stuff with Samus lol. Calling Snake a mascot of playstation is just pathetic. Snake's been on pretty much all consoles that mattered except N64.

once again, he may been on other consoles but he was either featured in a spin off (like super smash bros) or the game just wasn't successful (mgs the twin snakes or mgs2 substance on xbox)....snake's true home is the sony platform because that is where his games were successful

MGS1: 5.59 million copies sold

MGS2: 5.58 million copies sold

MGS3: 4.02 million copies sold

MGS4: 4.06 million copies sold

on the other hand, the twin snakes on the gamecube only sold 0.07 million copies, while mgs2 substance sold very little on the xbox...even mgs: portable ops sold better on the psp than the other mgs games on other platforms combined!

so there is no disputing the fact that even though snake has made appearences on almost every console that he is associated with sony...maybe not officially, but in the eyes of fans he definitely is!

That GC game was just a remake and gc was a flop anyway. Anyway, metal gear solid was also on the pc. I bought it for the pc :)

Snake is actually a mascot on a wii game, that's what makes this a lot more funny to see ps3 owners calling him their mascot.

Just call Crash bandicoot your mascot, who cares if he's dead, hasn't stopped Sega from using their mascot now has it? :)

lmao, snake is not a mascot for the wii and will never be associated with any nintendo games regardless of how many times he has appreaed on a nintendo console and seeing u say that is truly "pathethic"

Sackboy.

Around the Network

I think Spyro when I think sony, but it doesn't feel like there is a modern mascot. I sorta think Kratos I guess from the PS2 days. But not all the PS2 platformers have made their way to the PS3.

Kaz.

Cole, from inFAMOUS. Or Kratos.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

vitoxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
mmm well imo brawl isnt that great, i prefer melee to be honest and snake sucked in that game (too freaking slow) and why is pathetic? the 1st thing most people will think while hearing snake or metal gear is playstation.

Sorry to get off topic here people :P

But what? How can you be so bad at playing Snake in Brawl? He's one of the best characters. He has hella good hitting power, some of the best ranged attacks in the game, and unlike most of the hard hitters, he has a good recovery move. For something like boss battles, Snake is the best character in the game

Richie Rich, considering the price of the console.  I'm hoping it isn't that freaky baby in the commercials.

Just kidding...

Probably Snake.