By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP Go runs 40% faster than PSP-3000

I had already decided I was going to trade my 2000 for the Go. This just gives me more reason.

As long as that goodwill plan is put to work, I'll be one happy puppy.

Around the Network

Is the price of the 3000 coming down because of the Go?

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Obviously there are going to be PSP Go! only titles. They doubled the ram at some point as well over the original PSP, so is this like two PSP 1000's duct taped together and then hit with a sledgehammer?

Tease.

No, most likely because this extra clock speed will not help games released on the PSP/Go as they will have to run on both. If games take advantage it, still no. I cant get over the fact that I can buy a new XBOX, Wii or used PS3 for the price of a portable.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

^CDiablo: Not necessarily. I could see their being some PSP Go exclusives released on the PSN, much like there will be DSi exclusives released down the road.

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
I'll probably only notice it for Downloaded games..... oh wait

OT: Nice, now people can quit it with the "there's not much HW improvement".

This is also pretty good if we ever see emulators on it. The 333MHz psp had issues for me when emulating certain games, but the higher you set the clock rate the better.

I don't have a PSP, but I have been looking into getting one.  Do you still have to hack the firmware to run emulators?  If so, I would think that maybe Sony would lock the firmware down a bit tighter on the Go to cut down on such hacking.  By the way, how well does the 3000 do with emulators in general?  What systems, which MAME games, etc?

I would definitely get a PSP if it emulates more than a DS (I am only running the gameboy and a few NES games now).  Plus, being able to play the upcoming PSP games would be cool too.

wenlan said:
PSP phone clocks at 480MHz confirmed?

Although not revealed in these documents, it will be interesting to see if the final spec of PSP Go has more 64MB of ram. If Sony really want to compete with iPod touch/iPhone, at least increase the ram to 128MB. iPhone 3GS has 256MB RAM and a 600 MHz processor.

iphone OS it's not really ram friendly at all.

128mb leaves only 30-10mb free

Symbian OS uses only 30-50mb leaving 80mb free on boot.

and they are full phone OS.

and  yes symbian phones have graphics chips PowerVR chipset which it's pretty a portable dreamcast. and 387mhz --> 430mhz cpus.

though they hae 600mhz ones they don't use because the batteries don't permit more. to get decent battery life.

Squilliam said:
Obviously there are going to be PSP Go! only titles. They doubled the ram at some point as well over the original PSP, so is this like two PSP 1000's duct taped together and then hit with a sledgehammer?

I think it's more likely for the future PSN application store.  Sony may unlock the 333MHz limit on the PSP Go when the store is ready.  Those "programs", not games, do not need to be backward compatible with previous PSP models and Sony has never promised that.  For example, PSP-1000 cannot run Skype because it only has 32MB ram.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

My iphone leaves me with High thirties almost 40mb after a reboot.
But yeah, it isn't RAM friendly, I'm tempted for an iphone 3Gs.
hypothetically, that's 168mb free RAM. I'm drooling at that amount compared to mine now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Crazymann said:
Dgc1808 said:
I'll probably only notice it for Downloaded games..... oh wait

OT: Nice, now people can quit it with the "there's not much HW improvement".

This is also pretty good if we ever see emulators on it. The 333MHz psp had issues for me when emulating certain games, but the higher you set the clock rate the better.

I don't have a PSP, but I have been looking into getting one.  Do you still have to hack the firmware to run emulators?  If so, I would think that maybe Sony would lock the firmware down a bit tighter on the Go to cut down on such hacking.  By the way, how well does the 3000 do with emulators in general?  What systems, which MAME games, etc?

I would definitely get a PSP if it emulates more than a DS (I am only running the gameboy and a few NES games now).  Plus, being able to play the upcoming PSP games would be cool too.

I think eventually we will see less and less hacker coding PSP softwares for free IF Sony has learned anything from Apple.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX