By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Google Chrom question

I just downloaded and installed google chrome and noticed that it is tons faster. But, now I see all those ugly ads again that adblocker got rid of. Is there a program or setting I can use with Google Chrome to get rid of them again?

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network

Not that I know of.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

We also get in trouble from the mods for posting links to or recommending add blocking software.

as for Google Chrome I also have it and... I dont know... : /

Given that Chrome is made by an ad company, I doubt there will ever be built-in ad-blocking software for it. There are other solutions, but as others have already said here, it's a moddable offense to go into specifics.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

Haha, or google could release software that blocks all adds that don't go through google's service. Then the EU fines them a bjillion dollars :P

Aiemond said:

I just downloaded and installed google chrome and noticed that it is tons faster. But, now I see all those ugly ads again that adblocker got rid of. Is there a program or setting I can use with Google Chrome to get rid of them again?

Stick with Firefox or Internet Explorer Pro if you want ad-blocking.  

Yeah, just use FF.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

http://lifehacker.com/5046529/how-to-block-ads-in-google-chrome

Really easy ;)

scottie said:
We also get in trouble from the mods for posting links to or recommending add blocking software.

Seriously?

How lame.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce