By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360's Five Hidden Aces

NintendoDemise said: gebx said: http://planetxbox360.com/index.php/articledetails/show/1535 "The April edition of the Official Xbox Magazine has a feature on the five biggest games they expect to come to the Xbox 360 and that are still being kept secret." 1) World of Warcraft: Azeroth Adventures- Eight million PC gamers paid $50 to own the original World of Warcraft, plus another $15/month to play it. Now, the Xbox 360 version is expected to be its own animal, not a pared down version of the PC game. It seems Microsoft will keep dumping cash on Blizzard's (the developer) doorstep until they agree to create a custom-built-for-360 version of the game. Rumor has it that it will debut for the 2008 holiday season 2) Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic III- Developer Bioware dropped the hammer on the rest of the RPG world when it made the original Knights of the Old Republic. The game is arguably one of the best Star Wars video games and warrants a third installment in its series of follow-ups. Official Xbox Magazine has a sneaking suspicion that they are working on III, but arent letting the cat out of the bag yet as not to derail hype for other current projects. 3)Duke Nukem Forever- The 10-years-in-the-making sequel to the 1996 industry- defining hit Duke Nukem 3D can finally meet its goals now that technology is available that will help the game redefine first-person-shooter interactivity like its predecessor. Game developer 3D Realms is probably keeping it hush hush until they pin down a release date for the PC version. 4)Crimson Skies 2- The original, underdog Xbox game Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge is just popular enough to give a sequel the green light. Xbox 360 doesnt want you to know about the new game yet as a matter of timing; they need to keep some bullets in their chamber for next year. 5)Hellgate: London- This action-RPG, in which a gate to Hell has ripped open in London in 2028, is filled with massive skill customization, paper-doll character tweakage and disturbingly addictive dungeon-crawling treasure hunts. The game is possibly being kept under wraps to let it bask in the Windows limelight for awhile. All those games suck. apart from wow. PS3 will sell out in Europe. Wii will catch the slowsellingbox360 very soon
The 360 isn't selling slow. And even outsold the wii in december and still has a large amount of the top selling games in america. BTW, the 360's real aces.. 1. Halo 3 2. GTA 4 3. Fable 2 4. Resident Evil 5 The wii will have a hardtime beating the 360 in late 2007 and parts of 2008 when those HUGE titles hit. Good luck with that.

Around the Network

NintendoDemise said: HappySqurriel said: NintendoDemise said: All those games suck. apart from wow. PS3 will sell out in Europe. Wii will catch the slowsellingbox360 very soon Well ... I'm not going to comment on whether or not those games are high quality but why would you assume that the Wii would (all of a sudden) begin selling very poorly? After 6 Months (April) the Wii will be among the fastest selling consoles in history; this has have a massive impact in the number of developers who are working on Wii titles which will prevent a drop off in system sales. On the other hand after 6 months the PS3 will be among the slowest selling consoles in history, which will mean that fewer games will be PS3 exclusives (ported to the XBox 360) which will mean that the much lower priced XBox 360 should get a boost. Read my comment before posting. I never said the wii would begin selling poorly. As for the PS3, for it's high price and lack of games it's selling very well in my view. Once it hits Europe, sales will rise and with the numerous titles coming out before the summer I expect it's market share to strengthen.
The 360 has most of those big titles the PS3 has and it costs a lot less.

Even thought I don't really care much for the 360 myself. Fable 2 and maybe Halo 3 are the games I would be looking forward to.

Good to see this site is still going 

Quartz said: Even thought I don't really care much for the 360 myself. Fable 2 and maybe Halo 3 are the games I would be looking forward to.
I won't fork over anything until that zephyr thing comes out. I still want a PS3 also, but will wait until I am sure it will succeed.

Death2009 said: Quartz said: Even thought I don't really care much for the 360 myself. Fable 2 and maybe Halo 3 are the games I would be looking forward to. I won't fork over anything until that zephyr thing comes out. I still want a PS3 also, but will wait until I am sure it will succeed.
Who says I will be buying a 360? My brother already has one - he'll probably buy Fable 2. I doubt he'll buy Halo 3 as he isn't into FPS (the shock!). Instead i'll just pop over my friends house to play it

Good to see this site is still going 

Around the Network

Quartz said: Death2009 said: Quartz said: Even thought I don't really care much for the 360 myself. Fable 2 and maybe Halo 3 are the games I would be looking forward to. I won't fork over anything until that zephyr thing comes out. I still want a PS3 also, but will wait until I am sure it will succeed. Who says I will be buying a 360? My brother already has one - he'll probably buy Fable 2. I doubt he'll buy Halo 3 as he isn't into FPS (the shock!). Instead i'll just pop over my friends house to play it
More for me then. Just so nobody notices I will buy two, one for me and one fore you..That I will sell on ebay for twice what I paid for it...or atleast try to.

BTW, the 360's real aces.. 1. Halo 3 2. GTA 4 3. Fable 2 4. Resident Evil 5 The wii will have a hardtime beating the 360 in late 2007 and parts of 2008 when those HUGE titles hit. Good luck with that.
Two exclusives? that's it?

aright, for all those saying the PS3 is selling poorly, you're half-wrong (which also makes you half-right). It certainly hasn't been lighting up the charts and is certainly not on pace to catch up to the other two systems, but its current sales pace is equal to the 360's from a year ago. This is a fact. I know the 360 was supply contrained for a longer period of time, but the numbers are all that really matter. If the PS3 sales continue to mirror the 360's sales from a year ago, Sony will have a significant enough sales base to get multiconsole releases. The third party exclusive is just about dead. Therefore the smartest thing you can do is buy the system with the first-party games you like the best. To get back on topic: KOTOR is a huge title. people loved loved it on XBOX, including myself. I'm not sure any of the others on the list will be huge, but they'll probably be solid titles.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Five aces, right? Something is wrong with your deck. Hilarious analogy gone wrong.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

reverie said: Five aces, right? Something is wrong with your deck. Hilarious analogy gone wrong.
priceless!

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!