By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Marvelous porting Wii game to PS3/360

This would be believeable if Marvelous wanted to port these games to PSP/DS. Porting to the HD Twins doesn't make sense at all.

Around the Network
Kenology said:
This would be believeable if Marvelous wanted to port these games to PSP/DS. Porting to the HD Twins doesn't make sense at all.

EXACTLY! I mean if they solely focused on Japan, it's Handhelds > Wii >THEN HD. If they are looking to expand to the west, they DEFINITELY will need a bigger publishing partner then XSEED. =/

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Announcing this before these titles hit the West is gonna hurt the Wii sales of these titles badly. I just canceled my preorders of Little King's Story and Muramasa on the Wii, in hopes they'll be announced on the PS3, and since they're pseudo-"hardcore" titles, its possible that many multiplat owners may do the same.

Marvelous should have waited to announce this until after those games' western releases on the Wii.

Personally though, I'm pretty happy about it... and yes I will pay $10 more for these games on the PS3 in 720p (or better).  If Marvelous was more specific about which games they are porting... this may have been a very wise decision after all.

Procrastinato said:
Announcing this before these titles hit the West is gonna hurt the Wii sales of these titles badly. I just canceled my preorders of Little King's Story and Muramasa on the Wii, in hopes they'll be announced on the PS3, and since they're pseudo-"hardcore" titles, its possible that many multiplat owners may do the same.

Marvelous should have waited to announce this until after those games' western releases on the Wii.

meh, I don't think that'll be really common.  I play my PS3 alot more than my Wii but this news hasn't phased me in the least and won't stop me from getting LKS when it comes out.  It would be ridiculous to wait for a title that may never be ported, play it now and enjoy it.

Procrastinato said:

Personally though, I'm pretty happy about it... and yes I will pay $10 more for these games on the PS3 in 720p (or better).  If Marvelous was more specific about which games they are porting... this may have been a very wise decision after all.

LOL Haha

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network
Sherlock99 said:
Procrastinato said:

LOL Haha

You know, a long time ago ~Onna76~ said something similar.  She said along the way that she would rather have certain games on her PS3 than her Wii.  It's just a matter of asking whether a game would benefit more from motion control or from increased processing power and the like.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Sherlock99 said:
Procrastinato said:

LOL Haha

You know, a long time ago ~Onna76~ said something similar.  She said along the way that she would rather have certain games on her PS3 than her Wii.  It's just a matter of asking whether a game would benefit more from motion control or from increased processing power and the like.

which games was she talking about outta curiosity?

Words Of Wisdom said:
Sherlock99 said:
Procrastinato said:

LOL Haha

Exactly.  If Muramasa has some awesome motion controls... Wii, sure.

If not, and they upgrade the already awesome sprite graphics to 720p (or 1080p... heck its 2D)... PS3 all the way.

Why settle for less, when you have both?  The pre-orders weren't doing me any good anyway.

Torillian said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

which games was she talking about outta curiosity?

I'm not 100% sure.  I want to say it was just after Dragon Quest X was announced for the Wii but it may have just been a "XYZ game should come to the Wii" discussion.

Well I think its a pretty stupid decision. Even if the games are underperforming on the Wii, the cost of upgrading them to PS3 graphics will cost a mini fortune. Your talking 6-8 million USD to port the title or titles. Then you'd have to be really sure its the hardwares fault and not just a lack of interest in your software. Because to be honest its better to just break even with the Wii then to go in the hole trying to make a title a success on 360 let alone being suicidal and porting to PS3.

I can almost gaurantee if the title isn't a success on the Wii it won't be much if any better off on PS3. Maybe on 360 they'll see equal success to the Wii. But I highly doubt they will see a flop game turn into a golden egg!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer