By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which 2009 core Wii game is best?

So I'm thinking of picking up a new game soon and I was curious which of the big third party core releases you consider best from 2009?

We've seen a decent number so far with Mad World, Deadly Creatures and now The Conduit.

Any others out there? Which one do you think is the best/worth picking up?

Around the Network

Sports Resort. edit - didn't notice you said third party. I'd get Madworld if I were you.

I'd say its between The Conduit & Madworld and it will depend on your own personal taste. If you like shooters and want something serious then go with Conduit, if u want something a bit different and slightly arcade-ish and (imo) most definitively fun then go with Madworld.

I asked this same question yesterday. I got the Conduit last night and am enjoying it, still have yet to take it online which is where the meat of the game is. I am gonna pick up Madworld when it goes back down to sub $30 levels.

Punch-out!! and little kings story are the best wii games released this year imo, core or not

Edit: third party only? then that rules out punch-out!!

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

little kings story and Overlord!

My personal favorite is Anno/dawn of discovery but that is even lmore casual oriented than those two i mensioned.

Right now I wish I was in europe... i've wanted little king's story for quite some time.

Madworld

I think Madworld was overrated. I'd go with Tiger Woods 10 with M+.

"Success really is decided at birth, and your life will never be better than it is right now. Sorry about that."

The Conduit without a doubt. I can't see this leaving my Wii for months, it's been very harshly reviewed imo. The visuals, weapons and the online multiplayer alone warrant it a score between 8 and 9. IGN got it about right imo.