By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Advertisement giving me problems.

Games4Fun said:
I use Fire Fox and I get that ad sometimes. I just click on a topic and it goes away.

I use Fire Fox as well, i get the same ad and it really is annoying, shouldn't happen (of note i get it with Chrome also)

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

Around the Network
D_Boy said:
@Thatmax: Are you paying to use the site? Do you lose anything with those ads being there? I'm guessing the answer is no. They have to make money somehow to keep the site running...and as we all know...life is getting expensive. The only way they can make money is to have ads....or they could just charge all the users a premium to use the site ad-free. Which one do you prefer? Free with ads...or you pay for no ads?

The fact is that I was originally drawn to this site due to the clean and simple interface without the ads which creep onto your screen like on ign or gamespot. I'm in no way blaming ioi for increasing ads, as it is their main income, but it is a shock and due to that I have been returning to the site less and less.

Also don't moan at me for saying this, as if people didn't give feedback about how they feel about changes then they would have a much harder time figuring out which changes worked well or not.

Thatmax said:
D_Boy said:
@Thatmax: Are you paying to use the site? Do you lose anything with those ads being there? I'm guessing the answer is no. They have to make money somehow to keep the site running...and as we all know...life is getting expensive. The only way they can make money is to have ads....or they could just charge all the users a premium to use the site ad-free. Which one do you prefer? Free with ads...or you pay for no ads?

The fact is that I was originally drawn to this site due to the clean and simple interface without the ads which creep onto your screen like on ign or gamespot. I'm in no way blaming ioi for increasing ads, as it is their main income, but it is a shock and due to that I have been returning to the site less and less.

Also don't moan at me for saying this, as if people didn't give feedback about how they feel about changes then they would have a much harder time figuring out which changes worked well or not.

I fully agree with you. I really hate ads...I really do. But we have reached a stage where they are pretty much necessary to just about any site for revenue. I'm not saying don't hate the ads...also...why am I even saying all this. I hate ads. But....if they are necessary to keep stuff free...then so be it. I will grit my teeth everytime I close one.

This site is getting a joke for its adverts, I honestly have never ever seen a site with so many annoying adverts, great way to drive people away ioi, well done!

And all these adverts make the site almost unusable for me at times, takes ages for firefox to respond and when it does the site is too jerky and jumpy to enjoy, no other sites I use suffer from this issue,

We all know you do need adverts on this site to pay for itself etc but you could at least stop stuffing all these annoying adverts in our faces, I have never clicked a single one on this site as they annoy me, if they were less in your face and less annoying I might actually click on some but at the moment I will not support something that annoys me and prevents me from enjoying this site, sorry...