By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 falters, no local co-op for Uncharted 2

Source: www.examiner.com

by Matt Furtado

Uncharted 2 had so many things going right for it that it was just bound to make a mistake before release. Well, that error has been made. During talks with Sony on the official PlayStation blog, Evan Wells from Naughty Dog let loose a lot of information about the upcoming game. Nothing of major importance, mostly hinting at future announcements for the game, but one thing was mentioned that will sadden many of us.

Evan Wells: “We are only supporting online multiplayer. We didn't want to compromise the visuals going from single player to multiplayer and to include a split screen option at this time would have meant making that sacrifice.”

This generation has seen a lot of games bypass the need for local co-op in game. Uncharted 2 would have been a great title to play with a girlfriend/boyfriend or another person. Gamers are well aware that game may take a graphical hit for this option, but it’s worth it! Online still isn’t something everyone wants to use and the PlayStation Network isn’t personable enough to warrant people talking things out during the campaign mode.

Don't think I'm trying to bash this game, I declared this as the 2009 Game of the Year earlier in the month, which you can read here. I think many gamers will want to have the option open to them.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's a "no big deal" for me. Uncharted 2 will be a great game with or without a Co-op play. They already said that they have to compromise the Visual. I don't want that and it's not worth it for me.
If posted already please lock the thread.

Around the Network

Sounds like he's nit-picking.

Uhhhh.... I expected this... just saying.

4 ≈ One

tbh I think SCE should push Splitscreen way more than they do. The only game that I can think of on top of my head is Resistance and Warhwak, but they should have tried SS in U2 it's basically gears 2 with jumping

Doing local multiplayer is difficult. I don't think uncharted was ever a must have splitscreen game.
But the splitscreen on RE5 was awesome, that is why i think capcom deserves lots of credit for RE5.
The thing a I care in uncharted is how good story, animation and gameplay will be. Loved the first one.

TheThunder said:
tbh I think SCE should push Splitscreen way more than they do. The only game that I can think of on top of my head is Resistance and Warhwak, but they should have tried SS in U2 it's basically gears 2 with jumping

Motorstorm Pacific Rift had 4-way splitscreen. It was an amazing technical achievement considering graphics and physics going on. The splitscreen on motorstorm made a must buy for me.

Around the Network

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

I'll live.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

OLD, but yeah, just like Killzone 2, no local multiplayer is bullshit, hopefully they'll fix that for their next game.

NO need.

Oh well. At least there's still online co-op.