By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Trackmania Wii announced

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/reportages-videos-jeux/0000/00000273/trackmania-wii-premiers-pas.htm

tl;dr translation : Trackmania wii is in developpment, Q1 2010.

Features : multiple environment (desert coast stadium rally island snow), Level editor w/ online exchange, local/online muliplayer, 4 player split screen local muliplayer, online mode (turn after turn ://), multiple controls (wiimote - mariokart style wheel, w+nunchuck, pad)

Yay ! turn by turn online is a bit disappointing, somehow they say there's lots of contents.

w8&c

Around the Network

Surprising announcement. The Wii version will most probably sell better than the DS version.

But why? You can get it free on Steam.

They didn't say that the online was turn by turn, they say the online is like the PC (at 1:12). Turn by turn is just another mode of local multiplayer in addition to split screen.

Really happy about this, I love Trackmania (notwithstanding the online track made but 13 years old with ADD)

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion

Yes Ryudo, I also think it's pretty pointless to port this very game to consoles/handhelds, but on the other hand most console players are not interested in playing PC games on PCs, so...why not.

Around the Network

Only Nation is free because it's made for some kind of only competition, the complete version you need to buy.

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion

I'm not a big TrackMania fan (not a big racing fan period), but I have to admit that this looks like the best third party racing game on the Wii, released or announced.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

With Mario Kart, Excitebots and THIS, Wii pretty much established itself as The King of Racing this gen.

^^ shit man, u forgot Excitebots, IM RAGIN

MDMA? Way to advertise your sat. night activities there bro. lol

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

famousringo said:
I'm not a big TrackMania fan (not a big racing fan period), but I have to admit that this looks like the best third party racing game on the Wii, released or announced.

Speed Racer's a pretty good F-Zero kinda game. You might want to give it a try.

The only problem I have with Trackmania on the DS is that all other racers are ghosts and you only race time trials. If the Wii version is like that, it'll just feel like an incomplete game. They need a regular mode filled with cars that can interact with eachother.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.