By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Argh... Neverwinter Nights 2 bugs are frustrating..

I have the game patched but I'm still running into bugs and found one that may have stopped me from continuing (I won't know for sure yet but it's likely I'll have quests in my quest journal now that won't ever get complete).  Why after 5-6 patches are there still bugs like this? :(

Around the Network

I bought the collector's edition (for a whooping 65Euros!) being a rabid AD&D fan on launch, but haven't finished the game yet. I have started over twice and encountered a game-destroying bug which totally got me off the game; maybe I'll retry will the expansion.

Legend11 said:
I have the game patched but I'm still running into bugs and found one that may have stopped me from continuing (I won't know for sure yet but it's likely I'll have quests in my quest journal now that won't ever get complete). Why after 5-6 patches are there still bugs like this? :(

Of course, that's because it was made by Obsidian Entertainment. 

QA isn't quite done as well in NWN2 as was in Neverwinter Nights (made by Bioware).

Words Of Wisdom said:
Legend11 said:
I have the game patched but I'm still running into bugs and found one that may have stopped me from continuing (I won't know for sure yet but it's likely I'll have quests in my quest journal now that won't ever get complete). Why after 5-6 patches are there still bugs like this? :(

QA isn't quite done as well in NWN2 as was in Neverwinter Nights (made by Bioware).

The worst part is that they even admitted in the forums that they released the latest patch knowing it contains bugs of it's own because they needed to have it out before Mask of the Betrayer shipped.  I was lucky though because someone else in the forum had encountered the same bug that stopped me from progressing in the game and one of the game designers typed out the commands to use in debug mode in order to force the script to be triggered and allow people to continue in the game.  A real mess though since it's actually not a bad game (I'm a sucker for ad&d games like this one).

What was the bug you encountered? And on a side-note, what class are you playing?

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Legend11 said:

The worst part is that they even admitted in the forums that they released the latest patch knowing it contains bugs of it's own because they needed to have it out before Mask of the Betrayer shipped. I was lucky though because someone else in the forum had encountered the same bug that stopped me from progressing in the game and one of the game designers typed out the commands to use in debug mode in order to force the script to be triggered and allow people to continue in the game. A real mess though since it's actually not a bad game (I'm a sucker for ad&d games like this one).

Describe the bug (s) to us, maybe we can help! I've finished NWN 2 twice myself! Are you by any chance a Paladin?

No a fighter but I usually play a Paladin. The bug had to do with the Slaan even though it was supposed to be patched up. Since then I've only ran into a few other bugs (enemy AI not seeming to work properly sometimes, etc). But it's still a great game and getting better with each patch, I just don't like the way the free roaming camera can't be rotated now (in the latest patch).