By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No pricecut for PS3?

hmmmm....I wonder how massive the damage if sony does cut the price this year + GT5 releases.

Around the Network
luvtospooge said:
If they don't start re-claiming their place in the console wars, then the next generation, sony would be pretty much F*****.

The only hope is PSP Go!. That should/will be sony's profitable machine.

Then again the generation before hasn't been all that influental for the current one. The Playstation name did its fair share for Sony given what they had to offer early on, but it didn't win the generation for them. And for the other two not being first last gen didn't stop them from doing great.

On topic, yes I think there will be a pricecut, in Q4.

I thought the 150 Xbox arcade has already started. All the retailers in Montreal are selling it at 150...Didn't seem to boost sales that much. I'm certain PS3s at 300$ will give a much higher boost for the PS3 than the 360 at 150$. Many who held out for a 360 already has one when it sold at 199. As for the PS3 many are waiting for a drop.

"In the end, you're always on your own."

~ Squalll Leonheart

I'm betting for a 100$ pricecut and GT5 and Uncharted bundles for both US and Europe in first week of November while Japan will get the FF13 bundle in December. Then in March 2010 they will bundle GoW3 for US and Europe and relsease GT5 in Japan.

Noez! The PS3 NEEDS and WILL GET a pricecut, soon!!1
And that will be teh turning point, PS3 will rule supreme, yay!!1!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

If your an xbox fanboy you want a price cut. Sony will continue to lose money and it will hurt them in the LONG run. I can't wait for the $149 arcade model... that'll be HUGE

Thank you Kowenicki

PS3 will need to outsell 360 by:         

444,931 per month to catch it by Jan 2011. 102,676 per week.
266,958 per month to catch it by Jan 2012. 61,606 per week.
190,685 per month to catch it by Jan 2013. 44,004 per week.
148,310 per month to catch it by Jan 2014. 34,225 per week.

Current rate is:  -18,262 per month    
Avge over last 6 mths          
Negative number means 360 is outselling PS3 by that amount per mth on avge

.... this is getting old...

4 ≈ One

Magnific0 said:
I wonder why people say: "PSP go at 250$ and a PS3 at 300$ make no sense" It's all marketing stuff. Can you really take a PS3 in your pocket? Or could you play Uncharted 2 with a PS3 controller on an HDTV on a PSP? These products are not substitutes of each other, so comparing their prices is completely irrelevant.

It's completely relevant.  It will canabilize one of their sales, or both.  People who want a PSP Go will be like, why settle for PS1/2 graphics on a small screen when I can get all this more for just $50.  People who want a PS3 will be wondering why it is so cheap compared to a small hand held and get confused.

Most likely this will negatively affect the PSP Go, but not the PS3.

nightsurge said:
Magnific0 said:
I wonder why people say: "PSP go at 250$ and a PS3 at 300$ make no sense" It's all marketing stuff. Can you really take a PS3 in your pocket? Or could you play Uncharted 2 with a PS3 controller on an HDTV on a PSP? These products are not substitutes of each other, so comparing their prices is completely irrelevant.

It's completely relevant.  It will canabilize one of their sales, or both.  People who want a PSP Go will be like, why settle for PS1/2 graphics on a small screen when I can get all this more for just $50.  People who want a PS3 will be wondering why it is so cheap compared to a small hand held and get confused.

Your logic is flawed people who want the PSPgo want it because it's a pocket size handheld not because it's a palliative for a too pricy PS3. I think the people who will buy the PSPgo will mostly be current PSP owners.

Videogirl said:
nightsurge said:
Magnific0 said:

Your logic is flawed people who want the PSPgo want it because it's a pocket size handheld not because it's a palliative for a too pricy PS3. I think the people who will buy the PSPgo will mostly be current PSP owners.

Then that is even more flawed.  It offers less than the current PSPs..... but costs more....

The average consumer who never bought a PSP (which is who they should be targetting), will see exactly what I said and it will only act to canabilize the PSP Go's sales.