By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - AAA Status Confirmed: Ninja Bread Man (Wii) sells out after first 3 days

http://www.mcvuk.com/press-releases/32236/Popcorn-Arcade-label-has-a-sellout-first-week-and-receives-trade-praisehellip

Data Design Interactive have been amazed to find that two of their first four titles that were released on Friday (Ninjabread Man, Anubis II, Billy Wizard and Rock n’ Roll Adventure) have sold out within the first three days of release. These four titles were released with a budget price of $19.99 in the United States.

Rol and I were mocked for having this title as our number one Most Wanted Game this year.

Who's laughing now?

Around the Network

Uhh, what was the shipment?

And if you wanted this game mre than Galaxy - then, the children are right to laugh at you.

That said, there's a huge market for sub-50 USD titles, on all systems. I rarely buy games at $50 or $60 myself.

Disclamer: I have never played or heard anything about Ninja Bread Man

If done well a game like Ninja Bread Man could actually become fairly successful. An average development team could probably take the concept and produce a game which was entertaining for 8 hours and at $19.99 the game is inexpensive enough that people will probably forgive it for its flaws.

Probably 100, but that doesn't mean you can't spin it.

Around the Network

Is this for real?????
Wii + Catchy title = Sell out.

I doubt this one will spread by word of mouth though...

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

3rd Parties take note :P

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Vengi said:

Is this for real?????
Wii + Catchy title = Sell out.

I doubt this one will spread by word of mouth though...

Well it may do better than a certain movie with a motherf***in catchy title.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

What I would find funny is if it outsold Lair or Heavenly Sword

This picture is just begging for a caption

the shipment numbers are important, no big deal if a shipment of a 1000 sells out on the first week.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>