By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

i played KOTOR 1 when i randomly bought a game a EBgames, and i loved it! Because it was so good, i decided to get the second one, and it was the bomb as well. They haven't made another in a while. Is the series over or are they going to make this into a trilogy and make KOTOR 3?

Around the Network

It might be a while if ever, I thought Mass Effect was supposed to be a trilogy, not sure how many dev teams Bioware has...

I'd love another KOTOR, but I think I remember hearing where Bioware wanted to stretch it's creative legs a little, and probably make more money without the Star Wars licensing, I think it was in an IGN Scoop podcast a while back.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

king_of_the_castle said:
It might be a while if ever, I thought Mass Effect was supposed to be a trilogy, not sure how many dev teams Bioware has...

I'd love another KOTOR, but I think I remember hearing where Bioware wanted to stretch it's creative legs a little, and probably make more money without the Star Wars licensing, I think it was in an IGN Scoop podcast a while back.

Bioware didn't develop KOTOR , Obsidian did. 

Anyhow Lucas Arts has been focusing on its efforts on getting Star Wars the Force Unleashed out for nearly every system possible, so KOTOR 3 isn't currently in development. 

flagship said:
king_of_the_castle said:

Anyhow Lucas Arts has been focusing on its efforts on getting Star Wars the Force Unleashed out for nearly every system possible, so KOTOR 3 isn't currently in development. 

No, Bioware developed KOTOR. Obsidian developed KOTOR2.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:

At least someone knows what they're talking about.

A Kotor 3 would be nice but Bioware didn't really like working in the restrictive Star Wars universe, consequently they're doing more original (aka non-Star Wars/non-D&D) titles for now.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
flagship said:
king_of_the_castle said:

ahhh yes, it does pay to proofread  one's work before posting it.

Anyhow OP if you really liked KOTOR Bioware also developed Jade Empire  for the xbox, I found it pretty fun and it can certainly be picked up on the cheap. 

Obsidian always gets Bioware's scraps....since, essentially, Obsidian was formed by ex-Bioware employees.
Anyway.
There' some completely ungrounded rumors floating around that Bioware is working on a Kotor MMORPG; if you go to there website you will notice under current projects there are, among Sonic DS, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age, a "Unnannounced Next Gen Title" and a "MMO"----there's a chance (thought unlikely) that one of those *could* be Kotor 3; Nobody knows what their 3rd dev team (Jade Empire team) has been working on since Jade Empire.

Also, Lucasarts being busy wouldn't effect Kotor 3's development; they simply have to publish it.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Ohh yeah. Now this is one game I'd love to see! The last 2 where so addictive. I'm so keen to go delving into the world of KotOR. Awesome fun.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

blaydcor said:
Obsidian always gets Bioware's scraps....since, essentially, Obsidian was formed by ex-Bioware employees.
Anyway.
There' some completely ungrounded rumors floating around that Bioware is working on a Kotor MMORPG; if you go to there website you will notice under current projects there are, among Sonic DS, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age, a "Unnannounced Next Gen Title" and a "MMO"----there's a chance (thought unlikely) that one of those *could* be Kotor 3; Nobody knows what their 3rd dev team (Jade Empire team) has been working on since Jade Empire.

Also, Lucasarts being busy wouldn't effect Kotor 3's development; they simply have to publish it.

Obsidian are folks from Black Isle not Bioware. They were the people who worked on Planescape: Torment and Fallout.

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

Stevetrop said:
blaydcor said:
Anyway.

Obsidian are folks from Black Isle not Bioware. They were the people who worked on Planescape: Torment and Fallout.

that's right; my bad, when i wrote that i was thinking of heavy collaboration between bioware/black isle on baldur's gate, and then their use of the Infinity engine for Icewind Dale

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.