By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How big of an improvement is Pikmin 2 over Pikmin 1.

While I found Pikmin 1 a fun little game I dont feel like ever going back to it. I collected about half or more of the ships pieces but dunno it didnt hook me. The time limit was also extremly annoying. That dark level was also fucking hard.

Anyways Im thinking of getting Pikmin 2 but only if its noticeably different. If its more of the same Im gonna be dissappointed. So to all those who hae already played it is Pikmin 2 worth of it if you were weren't totally sold on Pikmin 1?

Around the Network

There is no time limit. The levels are more complex, more parts to find (200), new pikmin.

If you enjoyed the first you will have no problem getting back into the sequel (i felt the same way, once i beat pikmin 1 i was done).

the opposite happened to me, i've beaten Pikmin 1, getting all 30 pieces in 23 days i think, there was no way i wouldn't get the second one and the 3rd one

it was great to find out how the pieces were hidden!

it's not that hard if you plan what you'll do the next stage, it's mostly strategy i think

the second one is much better i must say, you looking for a treasure, there are two playable characters and two new Pikmin colours

the best, there's no time limit!!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Whats the minimum you have to collect? 200 is a bit overkill...

I know you didnt have to collect all in Pikmin 1..right?

there's no minimum, well actually you need to find enough treasure in order to pay off your 10 000 (whateve the currency is) debt. you can go back and find the rest. and besides, the treasures are real simple to find

Around the Network

Well the whole goal is to collect treasure to pay off a debt, you find treasures easier, more per level, and you don't need all of them to beat the game.

Awww, I think im the opposite to most people. I really really really liked the first pikmin but the second one just didnt do it for me. Hopefully the 3rd brings me back!

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

i had the EXACT same problem, i got half way (maybe less) through Pikmin 1 and i dunno what happened i just didn't wanna play anymore.

then i got Pikmin 2 and i totally loved it 100x more and now i'm actually still playing it. it has an all new major feature which i think is huge and made the game a lot better (caves) and also you have no limit on days, new pikmin... etc

I also got rid of the VERY annoying time limit through a cheat code to stop time (homebrew) if you want to know how i'd gladly help :) it totally made me more relaxed and less worried while playing, i don't think i'll ever go back to time limits.

both Pikmin 1 and Pikmin 2 were New Play Control btw.

Valkyria00 said:

While I found Pikmin 1 a fun little game I dont feel like ever going back to it. I collected about half or more of the ships pieces but dunno it didnt hook me. The time limit was also extremly annoying. That dark level was also fucking hard.

Anyways Im thinking of getting Pikmin 2 but only if its noticeably different. If its more of the same Im gonna be dissappointed. So to all those who hae already played it is Pikmin 2 worth of it if you were weren't totally sold on Pikmin 1?

For the most part it is the same. The differences are that Pikmin 2 has more complex puzzles and have under ground boards without time.
However, above ground still has time. But you can't make new Pikmin while under ground. You also have two more colors. Purple is as strong as 10 pikmin but are too heavy to throw very high. White Pikmin are smaller but have bigger red eyes so they can se hidden items. They also are poisonous and can go in poisonous purple gas. The yellow pikmin's role also has changed. They are no bomb rocks as I recall. They now can withstand electrified fences and creatures. But the time thing is what makes the game what it is. It wouldn't be much without the time. All in all, it is a good game. It expands on the first game. I hope the rumored third game does the same.

as none of you guys have mentioned it, Pikmin 2 has some awesome splitscreen multiplayer. its really really fun:)

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia