By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's make the ultimate traditional controller!

Basically, the point of this thread is to take anything from the big 3's present or past controllers, put them together, and make the ideal traditional controller. We don't want any wands, Remotes, ect...

EDIT: Sega is also allowed.

Example: The 360 has the best analog sticks, so the controller needs to have XBOX thumbsticks... However, the 360 has the worst D-Pad, so we're going to need to get the best D-Pad (Pick a Nintendo console), and stick that on our controller.

The basic point is to HAVE FUN, and see what our ideal controller would look like.

I will create the final design with GIMP (an open-source version of photoshop)...

H-A-V-E---F-U-N-!

Features:
- XBOX360 Thumbsticks
- XBOX360 Triggers
- GameCube Z-triggers, but 2 of them...
- Trigger labels: R1 & R2, L1 & L2 (PS2/3), Clicks called C1 and C2.
- N64 D-Pad (with circular indention)
- PS3-style charging
- 360-style battery packs (play & charge)
- "Sixaxis", but with accelerometers like WiiMote
- Mini USB port (for Charging like PS3, and for "VMU" below)
- "VMU USB", with clip to snap on and off, so there's no hollow spot.
- Sony's pressure sensitive buttons
- Nintendo's shaped buttons (lima bean, bigger/smaller, ect)
- SNES colored buttons (also 360's)
- Lettered face buttons
- Shape: "Fusion" of 360/GameCube
- Pearlized face buttons (like 360, Wii)
- Start and select
- Sony's home button
- WaveBird's ON/OFF switch
- Wii's LED layout for controller number
- Wii's Speaker
- DualShock3's vibration
- Wii Remote's + and - Buttons

And the winner is:

(Click for larger size)

Around the Network

All I would do is put the Xbox 360 triggers on the DualShock 3, but then again, my hand is basically moulded to the dualshock design

it should have a smoothie maker and a doritos machine attached. it should also have a botton were you can take anybody who is annoying you(ie little sisters) and put them in a small box until your done.

oh wait, you said ultimate "traditional" controller.....well i cant think of anything

SEGA controller....nuff said

Perfect.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Can I just say the N64 remote? Is that a legitimate answer? haha

Ah... Munkeh is the only one kinda helping... XBOX 360 triggers? yeah, I think they are the best triggers too...

Ok, seriously.

360 controller size
SNES D-Pad
Wireless obviously, but with a charge dock like the PS3
Gamecube Analogs
Sega Genesis Black

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Ok, seriously.

360 controller size
SNES D-Pad
Gamecube Analogs 360 Analogs
Sega Genesis Black

^This and

+ Nyko Air Fan

SaviorX said:
Ok, seriously.

360 controller size
SNES D-Pad
Gamecube Analogs
Sega Genesis Black

GameCube sticks? I loved the gamecube controller, but the C-stick was terrible for aiming...

I plan on making multiple colors, FTR, but i will take different "Brands" of colors... Also, isn't the Genesis controller the same color as the DS3 controller?