By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox360 is the biggest selling console of the week in America

Xbox360 is the biggest selling console of the week in America

vgchartz.com — The lastest sales figures are out for America and Xbox360 sold an amazing 100,000 units this week to become the highest selling home console - Nintendo's Wii sold 90,000 and Sony's PS3 limped to 30,000 sales. With the release of Halo3 showing up in next weeks charts Xbox360 sales could pass 200,000 for the week.

Around the Network

I don´t think anyone should be surprised.

We knew this since what last week?

mM

Nope, the DS is the biggest selling console.

DS is a handheld

I'll have to resurrect this pic again when last week's sales come in.

Around the Network

@ Ivader

The DS is a handheld...

Anyway, congrats Microsoft! I wonder how high the hardware sales will get next week.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

The DS is a handheld console.

Nice.

As predicted in other threads about how halo will affect hardware sales, this will be for one more week and then back to the status quo.

WW, though Wii is still the undisputed champion as Halo just doesn't have a worldly appeal. Too bad, its a really good game.

Chunk, I don't know about the whole "Halo3 will just spike sales for 1-2 weeks".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in the camp of "OMGZ Halo 3z will make the X360 beat the Wii foreVerz".

However, I do have a sneaking suspicion that since Halo 3 is out, that old Xbox owners that haven't dived into the X360 yet, are going to slowly migrate to the Xbox 360 over the course of the rest of the year - not just 1-2 weeks.

Maybe my antecdotal information is entirely isolated, but many people know me as a pretty strong Xbox 360 owner. When Halo 3 came out, every PS2 owner I knew kept asking me if I got Halo 3, and how they can't wait to buy a X360, or atleast try Halo 3...And these are people that never owned a Xbox or Halo. So I don't know, I think Halo 3 has the ability to start garnering the old loyal fanbase kind of like Mario or Zelda would for the Wii, but start to bring in the PS2 fanbase in the US and Europe, as the PS3 is totally floundering in a sea of marginal games.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

The psp is a console.

mM