By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you finish your games?

Do you play all your games to the end, and then after that, do you go after any easter eggs, bonuses, etc? 

For me, for a game like zelda or something, I will play through it once and I'm done. Almost zero effort is made in going back and getting all the extras. MGS I might play once more, just to see if I can get a better time (though I tend to give up pretty quickly once I figured out that getting discovered by guards adversely affects your score)

For most games, however, I will pick up a game for about 20 minutes, then turn it off and go and do something else for a couple weeks. I believe that I am the definition of "Casual" at this point. The idea of having a games I haven't finished doesn't bother me one bit.

Around the Network

I will almost always complete the core campaign of games, while on the other hand I rarely feel the need to hunt down ever thing you could do.

This is probably why I only have one Platinum Trophy I guess.

If a game just isn't working for me then I will remain unfinished with no regrets. Sometimes I take breaks too. It's rare for me to focus on one game exclusively until I finish it - I'll bounce back and forth across multiple titles.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I complete most story driven games without prolonged (as in, days) breaks if I like them. I very rarely go for a replay right after I'm done with the game, usually it's in 2-3 months for those I really enjoyed and for some others it might be 2-3 years even.

If I don't like the game I give it a few weeks to months break, then go back to it, and if then I don't make it through again I usually sell it.

For pick and play games like fighters, some platformers etc that's what they stay... I will occasionally pick and play some when I don't feel like embarking on a story.

I complete alot of my games. However their are a few I will never finish. Shadow of the Colossus very pretty game, but could not get into it. The conduit last few days i have went online much funner then the story part, so will probably never finish. Contra never have been able to beat. Starfox Snes never beat. Never finished RE4. To think of it the older I get the less and less I am doing the  collecting and beating my games=/

I would consider it a waste of money if I didn't AT LEAST complete the main game component to the best of my ability.

So the majority of games I will try to get 100% completion if that is an option.... generally I will go through on all the difficulty levels too. So for instance I might run through easy difficulty the first time, then do standard difficultly, then hard.... then repeat standard difficulty trying to get all items etc.

Around the Network

I pretty much always finish the main campaign, and more and more I am going beyond that for trophies and achievements, there is a reason I have 1000g+ in 1/3 of my Xbox games

Well I finish the good ones. Also I might sit on a game for about year before I actually play it. Recently I beat Assault Heroes 2 and Conan. Both were purchases from 2008.

For the most part, yes.

I usually stay commited to a game long enough to see it through.

I beat most games, but I don't always go for 100%. I have about 20 games right now that I haven't beaten.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

The most recent games I finished were Gears 2 and Killzone 2, I have about 15 that I intend to get back to.
Its funny that I complain about games getting shorter but only finish the short ones.